Opeth Collector's thread

ftrooploser

New Metal Member
Dec 16, 2005
Does anyone else collect Opeth items like I do? Who's buying who's selling. And if you find any rare ebay items post em here. I'm also currently wondering if anybody has those Opeth tins that were released by Candlelight records a couple years ago

Blackhorse Experience is the ultimate Opeth collecter.

I think there's some of those tin versions on ebay.co.uk

I have all the cd's and the dvd and I'm working on getting the vinyls sometime after christmas. (I know a few sites that say they have the vinyls for as cheap as 20$, but I haven't gotten them because it looks very suspicous.)

I found some videos on Limewire titled "perdition.mpg" (142.9 mb) and "Blackwater park.mpg" (99.982 mb). Does anybody know of these videos? Are they actually Opeth videos (there's so much spam on that thing now). Concidering the sizes, they could be...

And of course they won't download.

Dante's Inferno said:
I found some videos on Limewire titled "perdition.mpg" (142.9 mb) and "Blackwater park.mpg" (99.982 mb). Does anybody know of these videos? Are they actually Opeth videos (there's so much spam on that thing now). Concidering the sizes, they could be...

And of course they won't download.
Make sure you have a good virus protection program (Norton, or Macafee virus scan. A fire wall won't hurt either. If you use one of these programs they will usually tell you the file is corrupt and automatically terminate the download.

Hey all. I was going to send some private messages to some of the collectors here with my questions, but I saw this thread and hopefully my questions can get answered here. I won the original morningrise off of ebay a few weeks ago. It has a round black sticker on the jewel case (extreme progressive metal from the swedish gods...). My question is was this sticker only put on the very first and initial pressings of the candle015cd, or was it put on all of the pressings not just initial pressings of the candle015cd? I am asking this because others have said they have the original euro morningrise but thre was no sticker on the jewel case. So do I have an even more rare version of the album? On the www.metal-archives.com site it says the first edition had this sticker, what is meant by first edition?Also, when exactly was morningrise released (what month) in 96 I believe. My seller said he got it almost definately in 1996, but could have been in 1997.

There are a bunch of rare items giong on ebay now! The listing is over tomorrow. It is for the first three candle light editions, and the BWP and SL promos. All are SEPERATE auctions.

OpethNZ said:
shark22, yes its only the very first euro pressings that had the sticker
So when you say the first you mean the VERY FIRST, and not ALL candle015 morningrise euro pressings correct? What I mean here is that hypothetically say they printed up 500 copies initialy and they had the sticker. Say a few months later those initial 500 copies (candle015) sell out and they print another 500 (candle015) copies would they also have the sticker? I Know I sound like a nerd here but I paid a good amount for it. Thanks.

I am not much of a collector person, but i do have every Opeth album and dvd. I did manage to get one of Martin Lopez's sticks signed by the whole band, used at an Aus gig I saw. And those special edition Opeth tins i think can still be bought here. Well they were in Melbourne cd stores last time i went there.