Opeth concert in Sydney

Hedley Mortimer

Old metal freak
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
I get goose bumps listening to metal as I love it so much. Opeth is the best band in the world. I would love to go to their concert in Sydney. But I have a big problem. I am a woman in my forties. Too old. Even my daughter has grown up and left home so I can't even take her. Is there any other oldies in the same situation as me?:cry:

Trust me, if you take your daughter, she will love it. My friends dad took me, and i didnt even like metal. I loved it so much. it has to be seen to be believed. If you go on your own you will still apprecitate it and you wil see that they are the best band you have ever seen. Who caREs about age. Who cares, really? Just do it. you wont regret it.

Hedley Mortimer said:
I get goose bumps listening to metal as I love it so much. Opeth is the best band in the world. I would love to go to their concert in Sydney. But I have a big problem. I am a woman in my forties. Too old. Even my daughter has grown up and left home so I can't even take her. Is there any other oldies in the same situation as me?:cry:

if you love metal as much as you say you do, youd have no problem going to a show alone no matter what age you are.

id actually think it would be fucking cool if i saw an older woman at a metal show, especially if she was down in the first row getting her ass kicked with everyone else!! people would be very accommodating, im sure.

One of the coolest guys I saw on the last tour would ahve been in his 40's. He was wearing a last chance to evacuate planet earth shirt.

Remember people go there to see Opeth not dance around like faggots and be ignorant.

Can anyone recommend me a place to stay somewhere reasonably close to Luna Park? Preferably not a terribly pricey place.

I'm a 41 year old man who will be taking his 14 year old son to the concert in Brisbane. I went by myself when they were here in 2003 - it wasn't a problem at all, it was great! I wouldn't worry about it, Hedley. Just go for it, you'll have a ball!