Opeth DVD URGENT!!!

LLp1234

New Metal Member
Aug 19, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone in america gotten the dvd yet?
if so...
I have a few questions.
1. does it play on american DVD players.
2. if it doesnt how do you get it to play on american DVD players.
3. How long ago did u order it, and when did u get it.

thats all please answer all my questions and..
merry christmas :Smokin:

i dont think it will work on american DVD players because the DVD is PAL while the US uses NTSC format so it is incompatible. I guess if you have a DVD player on your PC, you can watch it there.

I bought my copy at a local music store here in Australia, and its PAL, obviously enough. So I'm thinking if you order it in from overseas, its most likely going to be PAL. Although I'm assuming that shouldn't be a problem if ur going to play it through a computer.

Haven't we gone through this all before? Can somebody please find the thread. There is no such thinkg as a PAL DVD PLAYER, it's the TV which is either PAL or NTSC. Your DVD player on teh other hand is most likely region coded to region one

[size=+1]Region 1[/size][size=+1] - The U.S., U.S. territories and Canada

[/size]So it depends on the region coding of the DVD, which for most music DVD's is set to Region 0 (Universal). Ask someone who's bought the DVD what the region coding is (will either be 1, 0, or 4). And don't forget that with PC DVD-DRIVES that after a certain amount of uses of a specific region, the drive locks that region in unless you've already 'cracked' the drive........

http://www.laserrot.com/info/lrinfo/dvdmap.html

Some info for you.

this "europeans only" dvd is a hidden message to mr. bush ... "george u suck" ...

i've read this in a certain opeth forum, i think it sounds really plausibly! :D

Another question? Who's the guy who has written the text in the DVD booklet? It was so pro-Opeth. At first I though it was a message from Opeth, written by them. Good it wasn't.

osse87 said:
Another question? Who's the guy who has written the text in the DVD booklet? It was so pro-Opeth. At first I though it was a message from Opeth, written by them. Good it wasn't.

That guy I think is the editor of Metal Hammer magazine here in England. Opeth just asked him to write a passage about the band to put in the DVD sleeve. U see the same things in other live releases :Smokin:

Drum kit setup question:

Why do they bother changing the kit after the mellow part. Why couldn't Martin just use the big one all the time. Does the "light" one have anything the "heavy" one doesn't have?

I live in Mexico and I received the dvd yesterday. My dvd player actually has an option that tricks your TV into believing it's PAL, I knew it because I accidentally bought a PAL dvd by RAGE , the German heavy metal band (which by the way, sucks) and I found a button on the remote that said "system", so I pushed it and it was actually watchable. Anyways, I'm buying an NTSC copy when it comes out, because this dvd player is in my mom's room and I had to borrow it today in order to watch it a couple of times (it rules!!) So, I haven't heard of anyone who has it in America. Not one, let alone watched it on their american ntsc tv's... so I'll just keep thinking I'm the first one of those lists. Makes me feel really lucky. I think, I deserve this cool things happening to me. I just love Opeth so much!!!!

osse87 said:
But I suppose he used one kit when recording D1 and D2. The huge one seen in the Windowpane-vid. Why don't he just use that?

Lopez said [on the DVD documentary] that he used the death metal kit first to record the drums for Deliverance and then changed to a different kit for Damnation with only one kick drum thingamagic,and I suppose it's different in other aspects too,like those that Moonlapse brought out.

The DVD booklet text kinda sucked...too much fanboyism,but on the other hand it's cool that there at least IS a booklet.

Eh...you certainly didn't make any effort in thinking before posting there.
The writer of the text,well he probably isn't your typical fanboy,but still makes a conscious effort in praising Opeth throughout the whole text...but that's ok,I did that all the time yesterday too. As I said,it's just nice to have some kind of an introduction in there.