Opeth FAQ Redux

Mr Samsara

Misanthropic Moderator
Jul 9, 2004
Carrying a Burden Inside
Hey, guys.

I've been wanting to pull the FAQ out of the garage and give it a new coat of paint. I'm busy. So... as a group.... take the FAQ and add info you think needs to be added in posts below here and I'll redo it. This is a serious attempt, so please just stay out of the thread unless you wish to contribute something of value. I appreciate the help, everyone.

James :saint:

Hi,

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is the reversed part on "Hessian Peel", you know, the "Out on the courtyard..." stuff.
I remember seeing a couple of threads asking for the reversed lyrics, so I guess it would be nice to mention it in the FAQ.
Only obvious question I can think of at the moment though, hope it's useful.

Jack Frober should be mentioned...
And so should the other band members side projects. Mike and Axe with Bloodbath, Mikes work with Ayreon and Katatonia, etc.

* you can take off the links to mysongbook and powertabs, since they both don't work.
* I haven't heard it, but I'm assuming the new release of Still Life fixes the audio problems there.
* you obviously know this, but Opeth played Night And The Silent Water
* Maybe a few words about Lopez should be added?
* I agree about side projects - Bloodbath, Spiritual Beggers etc

This maybe..
As alot of people wonder if more tracks were recorded..

SÖRSKOGEN

This is my own thing, again, nothing really serious, I just enjoy doing this progressive stuff! Sörskogen, which is the place where I grew up, has really made its special impact on me. Every time I visit the place, I am overwhelmed with nostalgy! All the tracks are about Sörskogen, lyrics in Swedish, quite hazy to be honest! I´ve only recorded one track "for real", at Dan´s new studio with him on drums, keyboards and bass, and myself on lead vocals and guitars. I reckon that we will record more in the future. The tracks I´ve done are called "Mordet i grottan" (The murder in the cave), "Stupet" (The steep slope), "Den första Maj" (The first of May) and "Byan"! I´ve even done a video for "Mordet" filmed with a old super-8 camera, which also turned out pretty cool! The video is dircted by Fredrik Odefjärd. The sounds is somewhere between Camel, Solarplexus and Genesis or something like that!

Linkie: http://web.archive.org/web/20020425002640/www.opeth.com/discography/sorskogen.html

Cheers

We need to see these other tracks and see the video :err: Mordet is a FANTASTIC song!!!! I wish they would do more with this project....

2 problems that arise on this forum and any forum.

1. people not respecting the rules and boundaries (which isnt that many lbh) that the moderators set.
2. people get frustrated about the continuous threads about opeth facts that all the regular members know like the backs of their hands.

the simple solution would be to have 2 seperate threads. one for rules and guidelines, and one for general opeth knowledge, small band facts and myths.

^ I disagree. As time goes by, people on the internet get lazier and lazier. It's better to have it all in one thread so the "newbie" knows where to go, than have more stickies which in the end will be ignored if there are too many.

2 problems that arise on this forum and any forum.

1. people not respecting the rules and boundaries (which isnt that many lbh) that the moderators set.
2. people get frustrated about the continuous threads about opeth facts that all the regular members know like the backs of their hands.

the simple solution would be to have 2 seperate threads. one for rules and guidelines, and one for general opeth knowledge, small band facts and myths.

Great idea. Oh, wait.......

Important Forum Guidelines

Opeth FAQ

:wink:

Anyway, what I'm really looking for here is new specific topics to be added with a question and an answer, or current ones that need an edit. We're doing this in open forum so others can see, approve or correct the items, and once we settle on them as being valid, they will be added to the revised document/list. So don't just say, "why don't you add something about subject A?"... post a q and an a and we'll work on this as a group..... if you don't mind.

Thanks everyone. :saint: