OPETH Frontman: 'We've Never Jumped On Trends Or Chances To Make Money' - Sep. 5

I still don't understand why people are concerned about bands selling out and changing their music for profit. Sure there are bands that obviously did it....METALLICA, but if you like them and their music, then who gives a crap.

I personally don't see Opeth selling out on GR. The music is definitely a representation of Opeth. It reminds me of a mixture of deliverance/damnation/blackwater park with 70s prog.

Anyone who calls GR a 'sell out' album is a tool. If anyone wants to call an Opeth album a 'sell out' album, then look at My Arms, Your Hearse. Thats the album you should be looking at and here is why.

- The style was pretty much different to Orchid and Morningrise, more catchy, and different rhythm to the previous albums.
- More clean vocals were used on this album
- It is the shortest album of all the heavy Opeth albums (52 minutes, doesn't even clock in an hour like all the other heavy albums)
- Not one song clocks 10 minutes. The only heavy Opeth album not to feature a 10 minute track
- features 9 tracks, that is more than any other Opeth album. Sure, 3 tracks, 2 were intro/outros and one was a 1 minute instrumental, but still.

Its also funny that Opeth moved labels after this album. I don't know why exactly, but it makes you wonder doesn't it? Sounds suss.

Now I am not calling MAYH a sell out album, but it pretty much has the makings as one. If people want to diss GR, then throw away their previous 5 albums too.

Ikil