Ask me to make you an Opeth or other ringtone here

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
Dunno if the board mods allow this, but if I'm locked, I'm locked.

Recently got a new phone, and the best part of it seems to be how easy I can make a ringtone out of any mp3 for it. I currently have clips of Sigh, Diabolical Masquerade, Lykathea, and other songs customized to certain friends so I know when a certain person is calling. :)

Anyways, I want to try out some Opeth songs on for size. If you want a particular tone, let me know what song, what part of the song, and what audio file type you would want it in (mp3, wav, acc, etc) If you don't know what type your phone needs, gimme the phone type and I'll try to see what I can do.

I just got hired to a certain Finnish phone company, so I'm really into this kind of stuff. :D

I'd quite like an Opeth ringtone if you don't mind making me one. If possible, could you do the song Atonement? Specifically the ever so sexy guitar section? Its one of the few Opeth songs that doesn't scare my friends, so I figure its a good choice. haha

Oh, I'm using a Sony Ericsson w580i

I don't get it. How do you "make" a ringtone? Don't you just take the mp3 file, edit it to 30 seconds of whatever you want and..... tadda? Pretty basic stuff.

Just, out of curiosity, what's this new phone of yours ? :)

I have a HTC 8925 flashed to a Kaiser European ROM, but I was using a Nokia N95 and N73 this past weekend, and probably will buy the N95 8gb version through my company at some point.

And yes, this IS very easy, but I don't mind doing it, and some people do not know how to. There is also the issue of some older phones not allowing mp3s or wav files as ringtones, in which case you also have to convert the original file, very easy.

Godhead59, your tone has been sent. Swifty1, PM me an e-mail so I can send you yours.