Opeth - Grand Conjuration (RadioRip Leak)

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Let me first state that I hate to post about other bands in forums whose bands aren't the focus. However, Opeth have been friends with Novembre for quite some time and in reviews (as you can see on the fansite - the link is in my signature) quite a few (if not all) of the reviews mention Opeth.

I don't agree Novembre have anything in common, other than the sheer emotion, atmosphere and sonic walls of unique & dreamy sounscapes both bands transpire in their music.

I wonder how many of you have heard the recently leaked song of Opeth new album, called "The Grand Conjuration" and what are your opinions about it, given that the format isn't the best and so the production quality shouldn't be an argument of value in here.

I think it doesn't impress, looking back into their career. That was an effect Opeth used to have on us release-by-release.

Make your judgement about it! :)

Unfortunately I cannot hear it, it'd take me too much time to download it and I don't like do that, I'm not used to do it and I think I'll just wait for the release of the album.
I think that Opeth's given their best with the first 3 records, 'My arms, your hearse' is probably my fave of these 3, don't say it's the most beautiful, just my fave perhaps, but it'll be exciting hearing the new stuff.
I heard that the quality of this new song isn't so good - the cover of the new album looks lugubrious... it reminds me a lot of the last 2 Deliverance/Damnation in one way or another.

i agree with everything morningstar said...

about the radio leak, it didnt impress me very much, but i think its due to the bad rip... i thought it was quite boring compared to all their past stuff... but hey i wont give my last judgement till the album its released

I love it! Yes the quality sucks ass, but you can hear the song without any problems. I think this will be the best album by Opeth, ever! I fucking love it, cant stop listening to it.

Hehe, morningstar may already know this from the opeth board, but I'm definitely MORE excited by an the upcoming Novembre album than opeth's ghost reveries, as much as yes, I do like the new song (though it's not as phenomenal as I had hoped it would be.) Even still, the song grows and continues to grow upon every new listen, which IS a good thing.

ghost of perdition is now online too at the roadrunner site for the uk street team. but someone already posted a link and will probably get his ass banned, lol...

anyway, the song SLAYS TGC and most off deliverance (i kinda like BTPISIO).

im not really gonna listen to it, just gonna wait for the album :)

I haven't downloaded it and I won't do it for sure.
Anyway, was just thinking that would be great if Opeth, Katatonia and Novembre would tour once again all together as back in Autumn 2001, don't ya think?
It's curios that even in 2005 they'll have a new record out more or less in the same period...