Opeth - Grand Conjuration (RadioRip Leak)

I was wondering if someone of you guys here from the States attended any date of Opeth there, with Gene Hoglan @ drums and how the gig turned out.
If I well remember, for the European tour they'll play with the guy from Bloodbath and I'll be missing Martin Lopez sooo much.
I posted it here, 'coz I don't read any other forum on UM but this and sometimes the one of KatatoniA.
And if so, can you tell me if they played something from their first 3 records?
I really hope so, those are my faves.

I saw them in Montreal with Martin Axenroth as replacement drummer. He's very good and if you don't look behind the drums, you won't notice that Lopez is absent :)

They played When and Demon of the Fall (as usual), which were the only two songs from their first 3 albums. However, I heard that they're playing White Cluster and Under a Weeping Moon (!) on their European tour.

i think ghost reveries is quite boring, some good tracks tho'...

opeth are visiting barcelona tomorrow and as far as i know they play under a weeping moon from orchid and 1 or 2 songs from my arms your hearse

Tks guyz!
I really-really hope they'll play at least one song from 'Orchid' and those couple from 'MAYH'!
'Ghost Reveries' better than their first records? Sure, technically, from the point of the view of production and whatevery you want, but you can't compare the feeling and the vibe with their past records, sorry. Is an excellent album, even one of the best from 2005 if you want, but their first 3 records are their best records ever in my opinion, as well as my fave.
Wednesday's always closer... I wanna :headbang:

P.S.: http://www.adventzine.it

It's gonna be the first Italian 'zine dedicated to Opeth.
The website is written in Italian and I think that even the mag. will be written in our tongue only, but it's a nice idea. It reminds me of the first years in the underground, back in the early 90's, with a lot of tape-tradings and so forth.

wow, thanx for the support wildhoney ;)

probably we'll attach an opeth-cassette to the magazine one day. or maybe a 7'', but i don't know how to burn a vinyl :D

Yeah, they played 'Under the weeping moon' for real, even here in Florence!
Couldn't believe my ears, I had no words, I was enchanted by such old melodies!

The play-list was more or less the following:

Ghost of perdition
:kickass: When
White Cluster
Bleak
Closure
The grand conjuration
:worship: Under the weeping moon :worship:
The baying of the hounds
A fair judgement
---
Deliverance

They also played a few notes of 'Godhead's Lament' - which they tried during the soundcheck - and 'The drapery falls', but just a few notes, :cry:, unfortunately...
They didn't play 'Demon of the fall' :yell:, and I would've liked so much to hear it in the final, after 'Deliverance'.

Well, the guy @ drums was great, but next time I hope to catch 'em with Martin Lopez. What the hell is happening to him exactly :confused:?

Martin Mendez @ bass has been extraordinary :worship:.

Akerfeldt talked too much between one song and another and you can't say to the fans before the show that you're gonna play 2 hours, when you spent a lot of time telling stupid stories abt Ozzy Osbourne, sorry. They could've played a couple of songs more, instead of telling bullshits :Shedevil:.