Opeth Heir Apparent (live @ wacken open air) Video

nat0

Sep 6, 2008

Mike's voice is too low??

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the live mix of his vocals is different from the mix on albums or dvds, in case of this performance.
ok mike's voice is a bit too low but IMO they did a really good job there, i like the video^^
thanks nat0

I was there, and the soundmix wasn't too good indeed (not as horrible as the vid), but if you listen closely on the Watershed record, you can hear his voice is almost as deep as it is live.

Weird
Master's Apprentices from the same show:

Only moments... Remaaiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn
Awesome

Plus, I think Mike's voice sounded weird on that one, yes, but here they're fine:

Kudos to Mendez for wearing a red suit, lol.

I think he's just adopting a more death-metal like low growl, I think it's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vocals sound perfect.
Oh wait! My girlfriend was there on the first row :O!
She told me that Opeth disappointed her and that Mikael didn't really get close to the (huge) public, he didn't really talk.

mikael's just doing a lower growl, like he does on the album. the mix doesn't sound weird to me at all either. maybe only the kick sounds weird, it's far too clicky.

edit: mendez is a beast on this song btw, during the trem picking of the open E he's doing some crazy fast shit from what I can tell

LOOK AT MA, AXE SUCKS ON THE BOUDLE SSAB {PART IN THGE BEGINNING!
MAYBE HE DRANK?? and diDNT SLEEP:?!

I think his growls sound like that because hes trying to sound more German..trying to appeal to the crowd more.

Axe was having quite a bit of trouble with the double bass in Masters Apprentice. The videos are pretty cool though, thanks for posting.

Mikes growl does sound different, and it's not something the mix has anything to do with IMO.