Opeth in Greece!

Ok, twra mporeis na to parkareis to kalami sou :p
Apla den paizoun fragka. :)

@TMI: :p

@Siren: den exei fovo na to trakarei. To prostatevei mesa tou!
epishs h elleipsi xrhmaton den einai dikaiologia. vres me opoion tropo mporeis...kai eimai sigoyros oti to dikasthrio tha deiksei katanohsh gia kati toso shmantiko!
:)

btw thx TMI gia tis prlhrofories :p

@Oriion: :lol: auto h8ela na pw alla skefthka na eimai eugenikh mia fora kai na to boulwsw :p
Einai ki oi goneis sth mesh, opote 8a dei3ei.. :)

@Bleakest Harvest: Of course, you ought to be jealous of us :)
But of all Greeks there is one in particular you shoud be extra jealous of; that is TheMindzI who, by dec 6, will have seen the guys live 4 times in a period of a year and 2 days!

S***, I'm jealous of him too!

@TMI: :p

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest

Just kidding of course, but i am incredibly jealous of you and your country at this moment...
I'll can only 2nd that... Why oh why do they always seem to get all the best bands playing there? :p
I still haven't seen Opeth live... hint to the guys in the band: go north...at least once...please :D

You don't know nothing!

Firstly, the concerts in Greece are REALLY expensive (about £20 or so). Plus there are not any good places for gigs (well there weren't until VERY recently, I don't know if that's changed).

I haven't been on a DECENT concert in Greece (except for Rockwave '97 with Megadeth headliners and Metallica '99) as far as I can remember. There's just one or two (at most) nice gigs per year, while I'll see four of my favourite bands within 35 days time (Lacuna Coil/Sentenced, Dark Tranquillity, Anathema, Opeth) in London...
And you live in Sweden! Damn you shouldn't be complaining. There are some awesome swedish festivals! Greek festivals are condemned to failure!

Originally posted by Northern Lights
Why oh why do they always seem to get all the best bands playing there? :p
Another band last night blamed it on tzatziki, feta and olive oil.. :p :p :p

@Siren: koryfaio :)

@TMI: what do you mean you are not Greek?

TMi is quite correct about gigs in greece. we're almost exploited by the companies that organize them. But that's how things work here. Everybody that has an authority thinks of others as suckers and the others just enjoy the FEW things that can, and settle with that. It's a quite complicated case of low self-admiration that Greeks have. We don't demand even the things that we 're entitled to. :(

@Oriion: haha to eipan oi dark tranquillity xtes sto chat. :p
exeis kanei sto e3wteriko btw?

@Oriion: Read my post again tomorrow when your thinking is clearer.. it was supposed to be a joke :)

@Siren: Nai exei kanei aerosynodos se 4 aeroporikes.. Apo thn teleytaia ton edioksan logo adynamias na pairnei olo to prosopiko sthn mikrh pthsh ths 1,5 oras...

Originally posted by TheMindzI
You don't know nothing!

Firstly, the concerts in Greece are REALLY expensive (about £20 or so). Plus there are not any good places for gigs (well there weren't until VERY recently, I don't know if that's changed).

I haven't been on a DECENT concert in Greece (except for Rockwave '97 with Megadeth headliners and Metallica '99) as far as I can remember. There's just one or two (at most) nice gigs per year, while I'll see four of my favourite bands within 35 days time (Lacuna Coil/Sentenced, Dark Tranquillity, Anathema, Opeth) in London...
And you live in Sweden! Damn you shouldn't be complaining. There are some awesome swedish festivals! Greek festivals are condemned to failure!

I do know that concerts are expensive in Greece... wouldn't know about venues and stuff though, so there you're right...
Still, I know a lot of good bands come there, and many swedish bands that I like.
And yeah there are awesome Swedish festivals with awesome swedish bands... thing is, sweden is a big country and these festivals and gigs are in the south... bands rarely come to the north where I live. So take the ticket price and add to that the cost of a plane/train ticket, plus if you can't stay with friends there's the cost for a room at a hostel or sth... so every gig would end up at more than 100 euro (same amount in dollars I believe). That I can't afford... So I'm only complaining for my sake, people living in stockholm or so are probably better off than greek fans - but then again I wouldn't know...