Opeth in Los Angeles

Squeak said:
Yes was really nice to meet you as well, and you looked fine, don't worry about the clothes. :) I tried to get back up there to say hi again, but there was NO WAY, it was too packed down there to make my way to the back. :(

That's cool, I figured that something was going on because I wanted to introduce you to my buddies :p
haha, yea, the clothes, like I think I told you I got out of a corporate meeting that was held in Anaheim it was literally like a block away from HOB.
My buddies made reservations to eat at HOB at 5pm but the stupid meeting ended at 5:45 :yell: I just jammed to the HOB afterwards with no time to change :ill: I looked to "corporate" :p
Anyways if any of you guys saw the guy with the business suit in the balcony in Anaheim that was me :D

KielbasaSausage said:
risquit: i thought it was the other way around... i heard per wilbergs keyboards, and i definately noticed that he played "the third guitar" on his keyboard for the moor and april etheral. i could also clearly hear his backup singing. fantastic show, sound was 10 times better than when i saw them last time at that piece of shit hollywood HOB.

It must have been Cane's sound then, not Opeth's gear or sound guy (I saw 'em in San Diego, not Anaheim). Though that still doesn't explain Moonspell's clearer mix.

i was at the hollywood show. cool stuff. i dont know most opeth stuff but i love draoery falls and deliverance as well as others.

class of zero was ok. i wouldnt buy thier stuff. moonspell was cool. i had never heard them before. i think i would like them more if they got rid of all the keyboards and all those slow parts. the drummer was really hammering away. did anyone else think he had a wierd drum set?

devildriver was awsome. i had heard of them but i never heard their stuff. they were pretty fast. i think the guitars should have been louder though. i'll definately buy their albums.

opeth was cool. they played my favorites. first time seeing them anywhere other than the windowpane video. that second guitarist was tall as hell. the drummer was actually their drum tech from what i heard. if im not mistaken, i think i heard him screw up once. i saw the bass player look back at him when he screwed up. the funny thing was that they were all wearing pants that were kind of like bell bottoms!!!

Seems like Trav said:
i was at anaheim and didnt see you, squeak!
Were you up front against the barricades or get a chance to look in the area between the barricades and the stage?

It was there you would have seen the lovely Ms. Sqeak. :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Travis! Man, I was in the photo pit most of the time, then I was either on the very right of the stage next to the barricade or during Opeth, about the middle of their set, I went on the stage and was there for the rest of the gig. Can't believe ya didn't see me! :( I'm sad that I didn't see you there. Thanks for the compliments smylex. :D

smylex said:
I was the one that started the whole Skynrd thing which lead to Mikael playing the opening riff to Sweet Home Alabama in Anaheim. :D (Yeah, it was a Beavis and Butt-head-inspired moment that simply had to be done during the long periods of guitar tuning. Gentlemen, may I request that you get some more guitars pre-tuned to the tunings that you need or have someone stretch the strings out before hand?)

Squeak, I saw you in the pit. I was the bald guy that was standing with Carol (MetalMaiden) to the right side of the stage wearing the Opeth polo shirt. She can confirm that it was me that started the whole Skynrd mess. (And, was I the only one that bought one of the polo shirts? I swear, nobody has a sense of style anymore. Dickies...blah!)

That was you Smylex. That was nice of him to play a few notes of Skynrd for you. BTW I liked the polo shirt. Very nice.

Hi Squeak. Hope to see you soon :wave:

Travis, nice seeing you too after the show and talking with you and Jeremy for a sec before I headed out the door and back to SD.

Hiya "metalmaiden" hehe. :wave: You might see me soon. If not, remind me when that cover bands tribute is up here in Alameda. GOTTA go to that. And I desperately wanted the polo shirt so I could wear it to work but I already bought three Opeth shirts, the keychain and the necklace there and I had no more moola. :( I wanted the new hoodie, too.

HOW DID YOU SEE TRAVIS AND I DIDN'T?!?!?! And you didn't tell me? BWAAAAAAAAAAAH :cry:

Squeak said:
Hiya "metalmaiden" hehe. :wave: You might see me soon. If not, remind me when that cover bands tribute is up here in Alameda. GOTTA go to that. And I desperately wanted the polo shirt so I could wear it to work but I already bought three Opeth shirts, the keychain and the necklace there and I had no more moola. :( I wanted the new hoodie, too.

HOW DID YOU SEE TRAVIS AND I DIDN'T?!?!?! And you didn't tell me? BWAAAAAAAAAAAH :cry:

They added another show on the 19th in Concord at Bourbon Street as well but I will send you the info closer to the date.

Sorry, I saw him talking to a friend I needed to talk to right before I walked out so I said goodnight to both of them and hit the road. We didn't get to talk that long the next day so I didn't get to mention it to you. Glad you made it home ok with all the high winds. :)