Opeth in Melbourne

Was good, sound was a bit too loud and bassy and couldn't hear guitars properly but otherwise ok. Virgin Black sounded ok but they arn't a very good live band, everyone looked bored.

Deliverance was the best \m/
Lots of hawt metal chicks.

Can anyone remember the Virgin Black set list? as much as they sucked live, their music sounds like it would be interesting when its not live.

Just got back from the gig. Damn awesome, as usual.

I used to like Virgin Black, but i don't listen to so much doom metal type stuff any more. I personally reckon they should have chosen someone more upbeat for Opeth, especially to match their new stuff. Even The Eternal last time fit better than them. I personally would have chosen someone like Be'lakor or Ne Obliviscaris.

If anyone saw a tiny Asian guy being bashed around in the mosh, that was me.

That was insanely brilliant. Did anyone see that guy asking for spare tickets in the line? I saw him twice inside, once on the stairs and once when he was being pulled from the top of the pit by security :lol: I would like to congratulate him. And who ordered pizza? Hahaha. The Night And The Silent Water blew my mind!! As did The Lotus Eater. They were the two standouts for me. They didn't play Ghost Of Perdition or The Grand Conjuration. I was a little surprised. Wicked set nonetheless. Anyone know the full setlist?

That pizza order was pretty awesome as with when the car trying to get out was being blocked in the alley.

As for the setlist:
Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
Baying of the Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
and as the encore:
The Drapery Falls

I just loved when Mikael started humming the TLE intro 'twas mega sexy.

Was fucking awesome last night. I thought the bass was really boomy at times and at times couldn't hear Fredrik's guitar. But besides that the setlist was awesome. The last part of Night and Silent Water was just amazing I loved it! And Delivernace Whoah!! I was on the Balcony on the right hand side of the stage and looking down at the mosh pit that song they were going fucking nuts I soo wanted to go down and just go fucking spastic.

Fucking good night!!!

was 2nd row from the front.. right in front of Fredrik... was amazing!
Only complaint would be the bass was wayyy too loud.. but apart from that, fucking awesome!

Yeah it was sooo good being down in the mosh! But everyone was pretty tired by the end. Deliverance, Demon of the Fall and Baying of the Hounds were my favourites on the night. Mikael was so funny. I thought Per needed to be louder, could barely hear him but that could have been because the crowd were so loud!

was 2nd row from the front.. right in front of Fredrik... was amazing!
Ha you would have been right next to me then man!

haha no shit.. well I was wearing a Decrepit Birth 'Diminishing Between Worlds' top if that helps.

and Per with his moustache/beard combo looks badass haha

Was good, sound was a bit too loud and bassy and couldn't hear guitars properly but otherwise ok. Virgin Black sounded ok but they arn't a very good live band, everyone looked bored.

Deliverance was the best m/
Lots of hawt metal chicks.

Can anyone remember the Virgin Black set list? as much as they sucked live, their music sounds like it would be interesting when its not live.

They had to use alot of pre recorded stuff as you can tell, at the arcturus gig they had a female singer and the choir parts were preformed by every band member. It seems to me they suffered due to a rushed confirmation that they would be supporting them.

The set list from memory was..

Domine
Our Wings are Burning
Walk Without Limbs
Lacrimosa
Silent

thats not in order and im sure ive missed songs.

Yeah and Ive heard alot of sentiment that Opeth wassnt very good, the people I talked to were quite annoyed. I tend to agree with this, there was hardly any banter between songs (no riff game or anything), and it seems like they were rushing it. So I must say I was dissopointed with the show. 2006 was way waaaay better and only one Melbourne show? wtf was with that?

"Does anyone here not like the new album?"

a few people put their hands up,

"Guards, kill them!"

Hahahaha and just as Mikeal said that, one of the security dudes at the front of the stage turns around and stares at Mikeal for a few seconds looking as if he missed something important.