Opeth in Melbourne

nah but I was about 2 people to the left of that guy!
I must have been standing either next to you or very close. I was wearing a bwp tshirt and a green jacket with black pinstripe pants. Did anyone see the people in corpse paint? Apparently there were a few guys doing immortal poses before we got there.

Was an interesting wait in line, with the tourists taking photos, the dude picking on the old lady bout sebastian bach and the arrest...
Agreed with NeO opening, that would have been perfectly fitting.

...there was hardly any banter between songs (no riff game or anything), and it seems like they were rushing it. So I must say I was dissopointed with the show. 2006 was way waaaay better and only one Melbourne show? wtf was with that?

Hardly any banter? I thought there was heaps! Although it was my first time seeing Opeth... But I thought it was an awesome concert and for people to be disappointed, well 2006 must have been very good indeed!
And yes there should have been a second Melbourne show with a different setlist. I was screaming for them to play Advent when they started having that little jam on the riff... damn them.

Was an interesting wait in line, with the tourists taking photos, the dude picking on the old lady bout sebastian bach and the arrest...
Agreed with NeO opening, that would have been perfectly fitting.

Was this in Melbourne? Because I don't remember? Unless that old lady was the one with the car?? What arrest?

Edit:
I recommended NeO for support when they come back in 8 months to Mike when I met him before the Brisbane gig.
THEY ARE COMING BACK IN 8 MONTHS?!?!?!

That was insanely brilliant. Did anyone see that guy asking for spare tickets in the line? I saw him twice inside, once on the stairs and once when he was being pulled from the top of the pit by security :lol: I would like to congratulate him. And who ordered pizza? Hahaha. The Night And The Silent Water blew my mind!! As did The Lotus Eater. They were the two standouts for me. They didn't play Ghost Of Perdition or The Grand Conjuration. I was a little surprised. Wicked set nonetheless. Anyone know the full setlist?

haha the guy looking for spare tickets was a friend of mine from uni! yeh he was asking everyone all day if they knew anyone with spare tickets...i believe he ended up with the set list as well.

I enjoyed the night, it was good. I felt a little disappointed that it wasn't a little more 'personalized'. We got the same set list as everyone else...besides that it was great. Deliverance was easily the best track of the night, they were so tight!

All in all I can't wait to see them next time!

^It's a top live song, they opened with it in 04 hadn't heard it since. But it's on Lamentations so I feel like I've seen it heaps anyway. Was great in Sydney too. No amount of talk about Ne Obliviscaris opening is enough, they are by far the best choice. Fanboy went into overdrive when Mike said in Sydney they were coming back next year :).

I recommended NeO for support when they come back in 8 months to Mike when I met him before the Brisbane gig.

Also if your name is Nate or Fraz hello I am Eve.

hey eve its fraz (duh) you convinced me to make a account or whatever....by the way vote that blackwater park gets knocked the fuck out cause the moor is the shit

THEY ARE COMING BACK IN 8 MONTHS?!?!?!
That is want Mike said at the Brisbane show both during the set and to me personally before the gig. He said its not 100% definite yet though.

I reckon Nate or Fraz are pretty cool names, but unfortunately they're not mine.
That was directed at everyone.

arrest? please explain!?
Can't remember his name (what was it Fraz?) but Some fans had a case of beer at about 3pm and sat out the front of the venue drinking. The cops rocked up and were going to fine them all if they didn't get rid of all the beer and stop drinking. So they took it to the car and drank it there. After some time the guy who got arrested decided to walk back to the venue with two beers in hand. He met the same cops again on the way.

The funny thing is there is a sign on the street light pole out the front of the venue that says it's legal to drink on the street between 8am and 7pm.

hey eve its fraz (duh) you convinced me to make a account or whatever....by the way vote that blackwater park gets knocked the fuck out cause the moor is the shit
So you decided to join. Now to get Nate here as well. Also why aren't you on msn?