The Grand Conjuration video

I like the way it shows Mike playing the solo, not many videos do that. I have to agree that it is NOT like Opeth at all. Why the hell are they in warehouse or something? Old Opeth makes me think of forests. New Opeth makes me think of churches. Simple. So why not shoot inside an evil looking church or something?
The thing I don't like about Opeth now is that the music feels 'mordern' and the video just confirms this. I kind of imagined Opeths music in medievil times(Still life) or maybe a bit later.

I am SO glad that I'm not the only one that is unimpressed with this video. I have to say quite frankly that it's a stupid video. I know that Opeth is attempting to enter the mainstream for the first time in their career, but they're going about in all the wrong way. I just don't feel that this video captures their essence in any way at all.

RookParliament said:
Its as if Roadrunner was making a video tailored to Opeth but then they lost it so they replaced it with a generic metalcore/nu-metal video from their archives.

That was pretty much the first thought that went through my head after watching it.

paradoxile said:
The video reminds me a little of Prodigy's Breathe video.
Frankly I think Roadrunner forced them to make a video...they wouldn't stoop so low more over why would opeth cut their song in half...it doesn't make sense.
about the opeth feel,if opeth would have chosen which song to make a video for.I think they would make another "studio" video for a quiet song(Atonement or Isolation years) just like they did on windowpane and harvest.
You can't make a GOOD video for a long progressive tune,and i'm talking any progressive not just death metal. pretty much the reason why progressive bands like pink floyd made almost no videos.

ever heard of TOOL?
the 10+ minute video of Parabol/Parabola is awsome.....

No, I'm not against a video but I didn't feel as if the band had anything to do with the concept...and indeed they didn't. Still, at least they might get played elsewhere now and you can always look away.

Death's Acre - that's a great pic in your sig by the way!

I watched it now... it's off course totally gay and doesn't make any sense...
Wonder what Mikael honestly thinkt of it.
All the stereotypical stuff is in there: roaches, rats and other vermin, a beautiful girl who doesn't feel especially well and obviously dies... zorro... :yuk:
The lipsynching is the worst part I think
And it's too fuckin' short, maaaan I hate edits!

Where are the forests, candles, old creepy houses, ghosts, satan and 'damsels in distress' ?
That's what Opeth is about goddamnit!!