The Grand Conjuration video

burton

Apr 14, 2005
Kauai, Hawaii.
What's everyone's thoughts on it? I mean, I think it's good, but it seems like it doesn't have anything to do with the song, just a bunch of random stuff happening. So yeah.... Discuss it here. (First tread after the reopening (not counting MetalAges' one), woo!)

The Grand Conjuration video doesn't have an Opeth feel to it, it has no elements that I would expect to see in an Opeth video. Mikael said himself though that he didn't have much say in the production of the video.

Eh, it's better than I was expecting, it just confuses the hell out of me. What does pouring gas on an old guy have to do with the song? Seriously, it's just odd.

Crappiest video ever. Opeth should honestly not make videos unless they take place in a forest.

Dhalaren said:
The Grand Conjuration video doesn't have an Opeth feel to it, it has no elements that I would expect to see in an Opeth video. Mikael said himself though that he didn't have much say in the production of the video.

Who had most of the say Road Runner? :Smug:

It was awful. The masked man was ridiculous. I don't know it just didn't work.

I laughed when the woman was swallowed by the toliet though :Spin:

Agalloch said:
Crappiest video ever. Opeth should honestly not make videos unless they take place in a forest.
No fucking way.
I hate ppl who only can associate Opeth and their music with forests.

I don't exactly love the video... but I cannot STAND how much they chopped up the song.

The way Opeth's songs change you have to have some of the parts repeating or else it just makes Opeth sound like they have no attention span.

They cut the song in HALF.

Necessary but unacceptable :/

The video reminds me a little of Prodigy's Breathe video.
Frankly I think Roadrunner forced them to make a video...they wouldn't stoop so low more over why would opeth cut their song in half...it doesn't make sense.
about the opeth feel,if opeth would have chosen which song to make a video for.I think they would make another "studio" video for a quiet song(Atonement or Isolation years) just like they did on windowpane and harvest.
You can't make a GOOD video for a long progressive tune,and i'm talking any progressive not just death metal. pretty much the reason why progressive bands like pink floyd made almost no videos.

By the way, I don't know if it's true or not but someone informed me that the drummer in the video is Gene Hoglan.I don't know if it's Gene but when I froze the video I saw it was without a doubt not Martin Lopez.

paradoxile said:
By the way, I don't know if it's true or not but someone informed me that the drummer in the video is Gene Hoglan.I don't know if it's Gene but when I froze the video I saw it was without a doubt not Martin Lopez.
It's a fat guy-> It's Gene Hogland!

the video is totally useless imo. i mean ok, the parts with the band are just boring perfomance-video and the other parts are random with a bad 'story' and no sense at all...

...RRR should stop making these kinds of clips...