OPETH in new zealand

demon213

New Metal Member
Jan 22, 2006
Hellington,n.z
Finally a metal band makes it over to our part of the world.Most bands dont make it here but manage to tour australia all the time.I cant wait for this gig.Does anyone no who will be touring with them over here?

I hope they bring over another band with them and don't get some local act like 8 foot Sativa or something to open for them. But either way I guess it's not a huge deal...it's Opeth I'll be there to see.

i'll be over for 2 months feb and march....im tempted to stay and see them in april....dont know what to do, where are the tickets available for the new zealand gig?

Benighted1 said:
Does anyone have an idea when tickets go & sale & which ticket company will distribute them?

Tickets go on sale friday dude, from Real Groovy - not sure of anywhere else you can get them.

www.ozmosh.com

Although it's stupid that they've excluded selling them from the DUNEDIN Real Groovy (why???)... just means It'll take a little more effort to get them...

When I spoke to Real groovy about when tickets go on sale, they said to contact ticket direct because they only sell them on behalf so I did and Ticket direct said the promoter hasn't even signed the contract yet?!

Benighted1 said:
When I spoke to Real groovy about when tickets go on sale, they said to contact ticket direct because they only sell them on behalf so I did and Ticket direct said the promoter hasn't even signed the contract yet?!

Fuckin shit! - Yeah I've got someone in Chch trying to get tickets today and the guy at RG knows fucking nothing about it! So I guess the 27th was only when australian tickets go on sale. (especially if they haven't even signed the damn contract!)

Have to keep waiting and checking the ticketek site I guess

Real Groovy have next to no idea about these tickets.
Bloody typical of NZ to be unorganised when it comes to this shit.

Tickets are selling at Real Groovy at the moment. Bought some tickets on Saturday while at Real Groovy, but for some reason www.ticketdirect.co.nz haven't started selling tickets online yet. Odd. Normally you'd expect them to put them up first, THEN Real Groovy starts selling them.
Price is $55 plus booking fee.