Big Day Out

Nov 9, 2005
Wondering if anyone from Australia or New Zealand is hoping that Opeth or any other bands will be added to the BDO lineup.
Personally I don't want any bands I love going this year because I'm unfortunately not able to go.. Of course because of lack of money.
So I'm hoping Opeth doesn't go this year although they would knock everyone off their feet with their greatness, it would probably be my only chance I'd ever get to see them if they came over here :(

Yeah I'm hoping they don't but I'm also hoping they come over here for a gig sometime.
But I was wary when I saw that Ghost Reveries was #12 on the album charts over here and on their were no confirmed tour dates for January.

BDO is not worthy.

It has jsut become a place for those bands that wanna pretend to be indie but are really wannabe rock stars.

Pain While Urinating said:
Wondering if anyone from Australia or New Zealand is hoping that Opeth or any other bands will be added to the BDO lineup.
Personally I don't want any bands I love going this year because I'm unfortunately not able to go.. Of course because of lack of money.
So I'm hoping Opeth doesn't go this year although they would knock everyone off their feet with their greatness, it would probably be my only chance I'd ever get to see them if they came over here :(

their shows are like 22 (US)dollars...

-Vintersorg- said:
Firstly, their last shows here were like US$30 .. secondly, he's talking about a festival, which costs about US$90..

+Travelling costs, and accomodation.
If I lived in the North Island I would definately just get a ride with someone.
But by the time all the costs add up and I see all these bands who I don't even like that much.. it's not worth it.. But if Opeth get announced and by then it'll be too soon to save the money for it.
Once I leave high school and start working, one day I'll travel overseas to see Opeth, or even plan to go to Wacken Open Air which would be great instead of a festival like BDO.
But for now there's not going to be any gigs for me till I'm 18 and get to see a few local bands.

BDO is really shit, with all thier crowd control issues and promotion (only really promote the shit bands) it would be pointless, Opeth would be ignored.

Opeth is the cheepest band (ticket price wise) I have seen $45 I think, the most expensive was Velvet revolver at $86. BDo would be way more expensive for 1/2 of the time.

If i have to go to the big day out to see opeth i am definatly going to wig out and kill a few people and then blame it on the government.