Opeth at Big Day Out 2006!!

Rocky Raccoon

I am the Walrus
Feb 24, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
I think that the promoters in australia/new zealand should look at getting Opeth on the bill for Big day Out 2006. With the new album comming out when it is and the fact that they are on roadrunner now, I think this would be a good opportunity for more exposure in these regions.. What do you guys think?? :headbang:

The USA is full of fat, dumb rednecks, I mean, how dumb can a country to elect George Bush as president..twice?!? I rest my short but very substantial case, i await the jobless ones attempt at a witty and offensive reply, albeit they usually fail at this.

aestusmaris@hotmail.com said:
The USA is full of fat, dumb rednecks, I mean, how dumb can a country to elect George Bush as president..twice?!? I rest my short but very substantial case, i await the jobless ones attempt at a witty and offensive reply, albeit they usually fail at this.

HAHAHA agreed. I would never live in that awful country. one of the most brainwashed nations of the world..
Back to the Thread subject.. Opeth in sunny OZ & clean green NZ?? sounds good to me :Spin:

I think its funny how all the poor, uneducated countries are always ripping on America. :tickled: Well, and California, but they're mostly homos anyway.

Oinkness said:
I think its funny how all the poor, uneducated countries are always ripping on America. :tickled: Well, and California, but they're mostly homos anyway.

HAHA its comments like that which allow me to see how Bush managed to get elected..
:Smug:

to the original post...fuck that, they should put their efforts into getitng a headlining show in NZ, i dont want some 3 song set if im gonna be travelling up to no doubt Auckland to see it, plus the big day out is fucking terrible

Yea, Big Day Out is a pile of shite, they need to have at least three shows, Auckland, Wellington and maybe Christchurch, I think all you kiwi Opeth fans on here should join me in some kind of 'We Want Opeth in NZ' petition, it'll probably be a complete waste of time and have only 5 people but who gives a shit.

OpethNZ said:
to the original post...fuck that, they should put their efforts into getitng a headlining show in NZ, i dont want some 3 song set if im gonna be travelling up to no doubt Auckland to see it, plus the big day out is fucking terrible

yea i agree with you there. A headlining show would be way sweeter. Our promoters in NZ though suck and haven't got any good metal bands here since Pantera years ago. So I'm thinking Big day out is more of a posibility right now. I'd rather see Opeth do an hour set than none at all!!!

Opeth need to come to New Zealand one way or another very soon though!

Moonlapse said:
Nah, I'd rather not. I'd rather not have to see Opeth playing alongside all the punk/emo crap that runs at BDO. I want a small club gig again, goddamnit.

yea your lucky though, Oz have had Opeth there a few times now. NZ hasn't seen them once so we can't be choosy. I still think a Big day out would be good for them exposure wise though! I mean thats half the beauty of it, all these shitty bands playing and then opeth come on and own them all :D