Opeth nominated to the Grammis 2006... Good or Bad????

Liquid Diamonds said:
I'd love to see him do it live! Why did they choose to program it? Does anyone know?

probably just to save time (perfect the first time around), and i remember reading somewhere that it also allowed some of the other band members to come up with some drum parts as well. needless to say, he is well capable of performing it all live.

Liquid Diamonds said:
I'd love to see him do it live! Why did they choose to program it? Does anyone know?
They (in interviews) claim it was because they kept changing the compositions throughout the whole recording process and just didn't have the time to record the drums over and over again. Hence they choose to use their own "Drumkit From Hell" and just program them instead. They never intended to perform the album live either.

I was thinking that myself. I mean if we see a smaller rise in Rammstein's popularity then this maybe good sign. I want Opeth to succeed just as much as anyone else. But what I do think is that anyone that does win a grammy or whatever should not be allowed to win another one for like 10yrs. Then they have to pick newer bands or older bands that need the recognition. But from what I heard they didnt even show the metal winner during the broadcast. So I think they are scared of the image that metal protrays and its pure bullshit. Its ok for someone to have there pants around there ankles and wearing more gold than whats in Fort Knox. Its ridiculas but whatever. If Opeth can get more fans without the help of the grammies then more power to them.