Opeth nominated to the Grammis 2006... Good or Bad????

Jan 4, 2006
Stockholm
Ok, Opeth has been nominated to the Grammis 2006... Great news but... can be this a bad sign!?!?!?... Is now Opeth The new Slipknot!?!?!? Death metal (And Prog. Death too for the people that says that Opeth is more than Death Metal ... in fact Opeth is more than Death metal hahaha) has become into a popular genre?!?!?! What do you think!?!?!?

http://www.grammis.se/nominees.php?category=hardrock

For me is good. :p .. Meshuggah and Cadlemass has been nominated too... but what this means... Some bands has become really popular... maybe too much!?!?!?... Good or Bad!?!?!?

:wave:

R0l0 said:
haven't they been on these Swedish grammies for a few years now?

*edit*
yep, they won the 2003 award for Deliverance.

Exactly. Oh yeah, and fuck everyone who thinks a band getting rewarded for making good music is bad or harmful.

R0l0 said:

*edit*
yep, they won the 2003 award for Deliverance.

yeah, like Ulver got into the Norwegian grammies.
But I think it is good! Opeth getting popular only means that the human race is getting more better and stuff. :headbang:

when you hear Åkerfeldt say some cheesy line like "FUCKING ANARCHY RULES!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" or "Stopping the ache is anally raping you" in a song, then you will know they are the new Slipknot.

R0l0 said:

Yes but think... many bands has been nominated to these Awards... bands that suddenly has become very popular, and with this the level of his productions has become into nothing compared with is old works (well is not too bad. I think that the new In flames CD is very cool compared with S.T.Y.E. but I prefer his trilogy TJR-W-C)... Ghost Reveries is an amazing album but I think that this fame deteriorates the Metal scene... just look the Metalcore scene!!!!... Good or Bad????

Autumnal said:
Exactly. Oh yeah, and fuck everyone who thinks a band getting rewarded for making good music is bad or harmful.

+1. give them all the money and recognition they deserve - it's up to the band to continue making great music.

ninja edit - I think congrats are in order to Opeth, not this stupid "getting too popular" bullshit. So, congrats - they deserve it.

Liquid Diamonds said:
I agree, a band getting bigger and more popular is always a good thing in my book. But I don't think they'll win. I would like them to, but my money's on Meshuggah... anyone agree/think differently?

Cath33 is awesome... really awesome, I think the same... But GR is a big album too... is hard to choose one! We'll see

Sanzen said:
I think congrats are in order to Opeth, not this stupid "getting too popular" bullshit. So, congrats - they deserve it.

And I'm happy for Opeth too... But that scare me a little...

BastardSonOfGod said:
Yeah?... mmmm... ok... so... why... 's... that... ?...
because....mikael....and....the band members....receiving...an....award...for producing outstanding music is nothing to bitch about, and is nothing to fear. if worst comes to worst, and "death prog" gets popular why the fuck would you care? the music opeth makes is amazing, and if you think that they are turning into the new slipknot, you're a dumbass and shouldn't be posting your dumbass opinion.

What's the big deal, really?!

Look! Opeth won the Swedish Grammy for best hardrock in 2002,
for Deliverance!
That didn't kill them! :err:

Simple! These guys deserves all the credit they can get!

(Hats off to the Grammy jury!)

You know blimey... When Opeth release DELIVERANCE I saw a lot of people that said that Opeth change... that now they do music for the masses and I said: "Why Deliverance is a really good album, my favourite" and now that they release GR those fans said that the opposite... anything can happens and I want to know what you think... that's why I made this thread... so If you think that I'm a dumbass for ask... well... I just don't care...

BastardSonOfGod said:
You know blimey... When Opeth release DELIVERANCE I saw a lot of people that said that Opeth change... that now they do music for the masses and I said: "Why Deliverance is a really good album, my favourite, and now that they release GR those fans said that the opposite... anythink can happens and I want to know what you think... that's why I made this thread... so If you think that I'm a dumbass for to ask... well... I just don't care...
You didn't ask me if Opeth is changing their ways, you asked if receiving an award is bad or not, and you asked if Opeth are becoming the new slipknot. I'm not arguing over your english, or what you meant to say, because my english is better than yours.