Are the majority of Opeth fans from Sweden or not?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I mean there are lots of Swedish death metal bands out there and I quite often read in interviews where they say they're more popular in Country A or Country B than they're in Sweden. This goes mostly for the Gothenburg bands.

Anyway, how's it with Opeth? Are they big in their own country? And what country except Sweden sells the most Opeth CDs? Anyone know?

NP: Pentagram - Bir

I think that they're as big as in any country here... but I don't know really...there are alot of people here who says they like them but haven't got a single cd... just heard one or 2 songs

im a huge fan..... im in amaerica...... and they sell theyre cd's here....... i have them all except for still life... im buying deliverance when it comes out...... i cant find still life anywhere its annoying...... but i dont know what country theyre bigger in... sorry dude

Originally posted by A Gathering In Black
im a huge fan..... im in amaerica...... and they sell theyre cd's here....... i have them all except for still life... im buying deliverance when it comes out...... i cant find still life anywhere its annoying...... but i dont know what country theyre bigger in... sorry dude

Hey, what part of southern Jersey are you in? Just curious.

I ordered Still Life from amazon.com a while back. It took them a month to get it in, but I did get it...

As for what country Opeth fans are in, I'm not sure what country would have the most fans (Sweden?), but I think their fanbase would be spread out across the world pretty evenly, majority throughout Europe.

I'm the only one I know who likes Opeth, so I dunno how much they sell or don't sell here... All I know is that I have to order the albums cuz I can't find em in record stores where I live. But that's not so surprising, considering the first 3 Metallica albums aren't available here either...

Even though we're a long way from everywhere here in Australia, we're lucky enough to have a couple of smaller cd stores dedicated to selling heavy metal, and a couple of bigger stores that have quite a large range of metal too. All of Opeth's releases can be found in these stores. Opeth are pretty popular down here. I don't know the sales figures.

I do, however, know that a tour down here would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Melbourne has some awesome cd stores..

I boiught three opeth cd's in one go once..

That was a mighty fine day.

I have found quite a few opeth fans around here... So yeah, it ain't to bad here..

I just hate not living in melbourne.. I WANT TO LIVE THERE>> IN SKYSCRAPERS

Melbourne's a good place to live.....with one exception.....not enough bands tour here!

I was lucky enough to catch Tool earlier this year when they came down, and they were brilliant!!!

Hopefully Opeth make the long journey down this way some time soon. I think they'd get decent numbers at their shows.