Opeth in Towson, MD

Lina said:
First, I mentioned that because it was relevent to Zeta7's opinion of Opeth's earlier fans, and I thought he'd find it interesting. And second, it's obvious that if you are listening for more "elements" in song-writing that you'll probably prefer more intricate music; i.e. Green Day fans don't realize the band is only playing 3 chords and couldn't care less. The older music was more intricate than the new; hence, people who appreciated intricacy are disappointed with the new stuff. Nothing groundbreaking there.

My point is it shouldn't matter that they're not wanking all over the guitar anymore. Just because it's not as "intricate" doesn't mean it's not good. It's just different, and people can't handle change. You become used to hearing one form of it. When it changes it's obvious. Again... doesnt make it bad.

Plus... metal fans want to hear metal riffs. And that hasnt really happened since BWP. Though the Deliverance record definitely has it's moments. It's just not so much fast single note riffs as it is heavy dragged chords.

Zeta7 said:
My point is it shouldn't matter that they're not wanking all over the guitar anymore. Just because it's not as "intricate" doesn't mean it's not good. It's just different, and people can't handle change. You become used to hearing one form of it. When it changes it's obvious. Again... doesnt make it bad.

Plus... metal fans want to hear metal riffs. And that hasnt really happened since BWP. Though the Deliverance record definitely has it's moments. It's just not so much fast single note riffs as it is heavy dragged chords.
Not a word of what I wrote earlier to you sunk in, did it? The most "metal" riffs Opeth has ever had are on the recent albums. And when I said intricate, I wasn't refering to wanking AT ALL. Whatever.

Zeta7 said:
First off Devin Townsend Band is awesome. Second off... who the FUCK had the idea to put Dark Tranquility on this tour? I was afraid the singer was going to jump off the stage and try to have homosexual relations with me. That band, is the worst, gayest shit I've ever heard in my life. Somehow the audience loved it. It's not original... there's absolutely NO difference in ANY of the songs. The vocals ALWAYS sound the same, and the singer is ALWAYS equally as homosexual.
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: FLAME

This guy will never make it as a guitarist for a popular band and knows nothing about metal at all...Opeth followed Dark Tranquility..Dark tranquility has been around since 1989, pretty much invented the Gothenburg sound...In flames, At the Gates, early Opeth....I've heard muich of the Gothenburg sounds that Dark Tranquility helped start in the early 90's. Dark Tranquility's riffs are very technical, and every album has been worth putting out. Their band (when I saw them with Hypocrisy) really got the crowd going, and I would put them at one of the best bands i've seen live. Please stop posting here...don't you have a myspace bulliten to post?