Opeth IS coming to AZ.

The8thPlague

Halfman,Halfbeast:DEMIGOD
opethtourbanner.gif

The complete itinerary for the "4 Absent Friends Tour", featuring OPETH, LACUNA COIL, PARADISE LOST and TAPPING THE VEIN, has been released.

Presented by Guitar World, the trek — named after a track on OPETH's recent album "Deliverance" — will feature the Swedish band in the headlining slot, with main support coming from LACUNA COIL. PARADISE LOST and TAPPING THE VEIN will open the proceeding every night.

"4 Absent Friends Tour" dates are as follows:

Jan. 17 - Montreal, QUE @ Foufounes Electriques
Jan. 18 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Jan. 19 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
Jan. 21 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Jan. 22 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Jan. 24 - Toronto, ONT @ Opera House
Jan. 25 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora
Jan. 27 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
Jan. 29 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
Jan. 31 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
Feb. 01 - San Diego, CA @ The Scene
Feb. 02 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mason Jar
Feb. 03 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club

i am talking to bc on who might be bringing it, you should know better big J that even if dates are listed in a magazine, they aren't set in stone.

I got seriously reemed for putting dates all over the web when they weren't confirmed.

Either way, I will see it her or in LA.

What Sean said in his email.

Well, we aren't getting this tour unless a miracle so
I just wanted to tell you to get your road trip
preparations going.

Here is what I received and he speaks how I have felt
many times about alot(not all) of the so called
metalheads in the state.

The Opeth tour is well over $2500. The Jar's
"capacity" is 198 although does and can hold much more. The statistics show that in fact it would be very risky to do the show. I know there were people at the last show but the count wasn't that good really. I have seen the count. It didn't come close to selling out. I could loose a few hundred or a grand depending on the turn out if I did it.

I'm not worried about losing a couple
hundred but more than that is to much of a risk. The ticket price would be high like $25 or $30 and with all the douche bags who have been complaining lately about how "way to high" the $20 shows have been I just said fuck it. People need to realize that these are hardcore kick ass shows not a fucking movie. Trust me I want to see this show probably more than anyone else in
Arizona. Scabbia is hot as fuck and both bands fucking rule. The sad fact is is that our scene is weak. Bottom line.

There maybe thousands of people in AZ who listen to these bands but sad fact is 3/4 of them are dumb douche bags who would rather sit at home watch TV or wack off instead of go to any shows. So oh well??????

I want to make a compilation cd, one for myself to get even more(like it is possible) psyched for the upcoming concert tour and to make copies for people I know are thinking about going that are getting into Opeth.

I am adding deliverance and a fair judgement from new cd.

It is always hard to make one 80 minute cd of Opeth.

It made me curious. What other songs would you add? would you try one from each cd?