Usa Dates----complete

I cannot wait for the NY show. Hmm I guess I better get my ticket rather quickly. I would like to see them play in a large venue, though. More chance to meet more Opeth fans. I cant wait to meet Opeth fans from NY.

Originally posted by Carcass
As expected, they are coming nowhere near TN. Figures. :cry:

Of course! Why would any band want to come to this totally non-metal state? :rolleyes: This whole region is associated with mostly shitty music, end of story. I was hoping for at least an Atlanta date...but not even that... :mad:

Originally posted by Blood On My Hands
Of course! Why would any band want to come to this totally non-metal state? :rolleyes: This whole region is associated with mostly shitty music, end of story. I was hoping for at least an Atlanta date...but not even that... :mad:

Can't say I blame them. Just another band I'll never see live. Most of the bands from overseas usually only hit the big cities. Too bad there isn't one in TN. lol

Hey guys!

I'm sorry that this tour will be shorter than usual. Reason is that this is only a first US visit out of at least 3. The agency wanted us over there asap and the European tour was already booked. Don't worry, we'll fukkin visit the south again!
Cheers
Mike

Originally posted by Mikael Åkerfeldt
Hey guys!

I'm sorry that this tour will be shorter than usual. Reason is that this is only a first US visit out of at least 3. The agency wanted us over there asap and the European tour was already booked. Don't worry, we'll fukkin visit the south again!
Cheers
Mike

Hey Mikael

3 visits.

1 = Deliverance
2 = Damnation
3 = ?? :)

The more the merrier

I have a freind in a local band that plays Lamour's often..(www.LugosisNeedle.com.)I would prefer to see Opeth play at Irving Plaza, (bigger venue ,easier to get too..) but who knows..If Lamour's has Opeth, maybe my freinds could get an opening slot on the second stage..All I care about is Opeth though..I will check them out in NYC with a layover at my moms house..Opeth on tour rules..:)Jumps up and down, hits head on ceiling:)

Originally posted by Mikael Åkerfeldt
Hey guys!

Cheers
Mike

Oh, well, that makes me feel better. As long as ya'll come here eventually, it'll be good. Just don't forget about us down here. It's easy to, I know. :p

I guess Opeth won't be coming back to NJ any time soon... not that I can really blame them. The last time they played in a real shithole (Asbury Park Convention Center)... it was a poorly organized event on the whole ... They sounded good, but I remember reading that Mike couldn't even hear himself... I'm sure it could have been a whole lot better...

I'd love to see them play at Ozzfest... the setup there (Garden State Art Center, or whatever they call it these days) is freaking great... even bands I despise sound good there. Black Sabbath (with original members) sounded downright awesome a few years ago. Perhaps next summer... well at least I guy can dream...

Fuckin eh!!! I get such a rush when I see GOD HIMSELF write in here. Excellent stuff.

I'm also excited that they'll be playing the Opera House here in Toronto. It's a great venue, much much larger and acoustically better than the 2 other places they played here (reverb and big bop). It's going to be good! ;)

Shit, I just remembered, I'm "banned" from the Opera House, hahah. Last time I went to a show there by a band called Zygote they had some little teenage punk dicks searching people before they went in. Of course, like a fearless idiot, I had a tiny spliff in front shirt breast pocket, and the little prick felt it through my shirt and actually had the fucking NERVE to try to quickly reach his hand into my pocket to snag the joint. What a fucking loser! It's *pissed* me off royally. Sensing the fact that I could get fucked (arrested and charged, though in retrospect probably not) for this, I batted his hand away as he tried to stuff it into my pocket and I said "fuckoff!, it's only a joint", and then he tried AGAIN to stick his hand in there, and I just about lost it! I felt personally violated and threatened by his trying TWICE to stick his hand in my pocket without my expressed consent. What the fuck was that? Loser. I'm not a violent person or anything, but when I feel threatened something takes over and my martial arts training kicks in, like I go on auto-pilot. So I jumped back and away from the dick and I assumed a fighting position like I was going to kick him and I was ready to take his fucking head off if he tried a third time. Fortunately he didn't and I didn't have to knock his head off, and I definitely would have if *anyone* had came aggressively toward me at that time cuz I was like a frightened animal in fight or flight mode, my adrenal glands were pumping and my heart was racing. So anyway, some big fucking bouncer working the door saw what was happening and that a fight between me and the seacher dick was about to break out and yelled "what's going on?" and the fucking dick who tried to stick his hand into my pocket pointed at me and said "that guy's got a joint in his pocket". So the bouncer told us (me and my gf) to "get the fuck out" and that we were "banned from the Opera House". hahah. So we left and I didn't think much of it, we walked about 10 mins back to my car and started driving home, passing the venue on the way, and as we drove by there was a cop stopped outside of the venue talking to the bouncer that told us to leave and another cop was driving very slowly in the opposite direction of us (the direction we left walking in), and this cop has his windows rolled down and was sizing up the people walking down the street. I think they were looking for us, at least it seemed that way at the time.

What the FUCK is up with that??? This was supposed to be Canada and I felt like I was in fucking Utah or communist China something. We concluded that the bouncer and the searcher dick were just cunts and they were pissed that I got away so they called the cops cuz they are cunts who just wanted to fuck up our night. What losers. I don't know what they were trying to achieve anyway. If a cop came toward me I would just eat the joint and that would be the end of that (not that anyone gets in shit with the law for having a joint nowadays anyway). I can only imagine that the idiots working at this venue are so lacking in lives of their own and are so hopelessly pathetic that it would actually bring joy to their dismal little lives to get someone in trouble with the law. How lame. At first I was really pissed, but now I just feel sorry for them for being such total losers.

Anyway, if you go to this gig, you WILL be searched thoroughly. ;)

peace,

Satori :wave:

Originally posted by Satori
I can only imagine that the idiots working at this venue are so lacking in lives of their own and are so hopelessly pathetic that it would actually bring joy to their dismal little lives to get someone in trouble with the law. How lame. At first I was really pissed, but now I just feel sorry for them for being such total losers.

Ah, I've never been to the Opera House before. I hope they don't do this to me there.

Sometimes you will get a bunch of pricks in security, though. I remember when I saw Slayer back in September, there was this guy in line after the show trying to buy some stickers. He was trying to walk back through the crowd of people to get to the sticker vendor, but the security guards just started pushing him out. He kept telling them he didn't want to go yet, but then about six guards all started physically pulling him out the door. When they finally got him outside they kicked his ass and cuffed him.

I understand that a Slayer crowd may not be the most managable of crowds, but I thought that was totally unnecessary. He wasn't even doing anything wrong! Everyone started shouting about police brutality and the like.

yea man, I think you hit the nail on the head. Security work attracts assholes the way the catholic church attracts pedophiles. My mistake was in making the assumption that the people working the door at the Opera House actually have a shread of respect for the wishes and privacy of their patrons. I'll never make that mistake again.

have fun at the show dude, I have a feeling it's going to be a good one ;)

I'm going to write and annoy mike and beg him to play The Amen Corner. That would make my fucking year ;)

Satori