Opeth, Katatonia, or any band...while drunk?

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
Is it just me, or is it easier to get into music while somewhat drunk? I'm listening to Katatonia right now and I'm on such a high! Can't imagine how Opeth would be...
headbob.gif

Man, fuck alcohol (although I do drink..but STRICTLY tequila and the occasional beer).

Try listening to em whilst under the effects of cannabis :joy:

Only Opeth albums I've listened to while stoned are BWP and Deliverance, both were enhanced like x10

I'm just dying to get my hands on some shrooms and test Damnation. :) All I've heard on shrooms was some crappy techno, and it sounded godly.

Yeah, and ummm....drink some Jose Cuervo or Don Julio. And shiznit.

See, Shrooms are the only good drug. I grow my own (taste better, they have a stronger effect and they don't fuck you up as much) and take them with a couple of friends (it's good to have backup in case you start peeling your skin *ugh*) and we all enjoy it. It's amazing, the stuff you see and feel. It's good for inspiration also. Try listening to Opeth on shrooms and like paint or write or something, you'll be amazed at what comes out.

Hehe cool stuff. Me and my mates get drunk on weekends and listen to paradise lost and KATATONIA mostly and some Opeth. We sing along with the songs and just get trashed!! :loco:

Peace!

illbeleavinnow said:
Call me a loser but I don't drink, so I wouldn't no. It just doestn't look appealing, being drunk. Waking up in the morning with a class-A fucking headache and puke down your shirt isn't a good way to start the day.

Well put, and enjoying music wouldn't be that great then, either.

My fave music in the state of being drunk:

Agalloch - The Mantle, Pale Folklore
Emperor - Prometheus
Opeth - Morningrise
Naglfar - Vittra
Pink Floyd - The whole Animals album and the song Echoes in particular
Gates Of Ishtar - The songs Perpetual Dawn and Forever Beach
Dark Tranquillity - The song Crimson Winds
TestAmenT - The songs The Legacy and Return To Serenity
Eloy - Ocean, Ocean II, Power And The Passion, Inside and Floating
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
Tristania - Widow's Weed
Judas Priest - The song Before The Dawn
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Jethro Tull - The song Aqualung and the album Roots To Branches
Rotting Christ - Khronos

I haven't listened to Damnation drunk yet. Should be good.

NP: The Tea Party - Sister Awake

alcohol doesnt enhance music at all for me, it just makes me more likely to attempt to sing and dance, which is really sad, i much prefer listening to music under the influence of the ever so humble marijuana, it just enhances your perception of sound, etc, so you can really hear and feel the music, plus its waaaayy better and doesnt have the consequences of alcohol.
The best band under the influence of any drug in my opinion, is meshuggah, its just fucks with ur head, alot, but all music is incredible on the right substances, so, yeah

If it's shallow cheap thrills you're after, then by all means listen to music drunk. But remember, when drunk you're also more prone to easily get into fat ugly chicks, so imagine what it's doing to your standards of musical goodness (assuming you have any).

Alcohol tends to meld all the sounds/instruments together so it sounds really tight and full-on, which is great for standard-style rock and metal; weed makes certain things stand out and you can hear individual instruments and parts better, which is great for more complex stuff like Opeth.

Fuck what the hell. So much stupidity in this thread. I drink often, I don't smoke cannabis, I often listen to music drunk because it puts me in a good mood. Just like other drugs which inhance certain feelings, if you concentrate on music while moderately sloshed it can put you in a pretty good mood...it helps to release inhibitions I feel.

What fucks me off about all I've read in this thread is people who think that anyone who drinks is a slobbering, tottering, slovenly idiot. That's fucking bullshit. Some of us know our limits. I would say I am a VERY cautious drinker, I always keep track of how much I've drunken and whether I am as pissed as I would like to be. I've been drinking for about a year and had a few embarrasing vomiting eposides near the start of that time. However, these days when I go and drink I'm always careful to keep track of how pissed I feel and how much I have drunk...and haven't had an embarrasing situation in a long time.

Stop pigoen-holing and stereotyping drinkers, it fucks me off. We're not all retarted idiots...(although there are many fucks out there who don't know how to pace themselves...they give drinkers a bad name)

illbeleavinnow said:
Call me a loser but I don't drink, so I wouldn't know. It just doestn't look appealing, being drunk. Waking up in the morning with a class-A fucking headache and puke down your shirt isn't a good way to start the day.

who says you have to drink that much?

and i'm stoned and listening to lacuna coil

good shit