Opeth Mastodon Ghost Riviera Theatre 4/13/12

I think Bob is.
I was going to, but have something at my daughter's school that night.
I was on the fence, as GHOST is the only band I really want to see.
I am sure they will be back for a headline run after their next album.

I probably wouldn't be familiar with over 50% of OPETH's setlist these days.

I am going. I really want to see In Solitude more but with this show being across the street from my apartment. This one won out. Plus I have C2E2 (comic con) the same day and weekend and it is much more easier with doing for this show. Both bands on both tours are getting the same time to play. I figure as well that this show will be less filled with hipsters for Ghost since it isnt a headlining show. I saw they are doing 6 songs. Opeth set list is mostly new stuff but a few older ones. I plan on leaving before Crapsadon.

I am going. I really want to see In Solitude more but with this show being across the street from my apartment. This one won out. Plus I have C2E2 (comic con) the same day and weekend and it is much more easier with doing for this show. Both bands on both tours are getting the same time to play. I figure as well that this show will be less filled with hipsters for Ghost since it isnt a headlining show. I saw they are doing 6 songs. Opeth set list is mostly new stuff but a few older ones. I plan on leaving before Crapsadon.

I still say you are in denial of there being less hipsters at this show as all three bands appeal to hipsters but okay...

I am with Simon on this one.......

Mastodon is the epitome of hipsterness.

Opeth too, but to a lesser degree. They are more in the "Oh, well, Pitchfork says Nachtmystium and Agalloch are hip, so I like them too" category.

So Ghost are only getting 6 songs?

Heh.
One of these shows will have metalheads at it. Diabolik's going to the other one.

Ha,
Guess it depends on how you define a metalhead.
You obviously haven't seen a pic of Bob.

Bob is a metalhead at heart!!!
No one spends more $$$$ on metal than Bob. Period.

He is keeping small metal labels alive, one CD purchase at a time!!!!!

No one can take that away from Bob, even if he does sport Lee's (Pate) haircut.

Oh that wasn't a dig at Bob as a person (although I could see it being interpreted that way). I was just wisecracking about his choice of show, meaning it was more about the show than Bob.

Bob IS the show.
Wherever Bob is, is where it's at!!!!!

Just saw the OPETH setlist. Really glad now I am passing on this.
This show will be a snoozefest.

hahahahaha so very funny.

Compare the Ghost headlining show with the Opeth show per hipster percentage. You also have to think....In Solitude / Devils Blood / Behemoth are also playing a more hipster freindly place the same night. The Opeth show will be your standard mainstream metal fans more than anything else.

I would rather see In Solitude but like I said. This works out so much better since it is a very busy weekend for me. I will have to leave the comic con by 5 to get home and park then walk over to the Riv to get in before Ghost starts. After Opeth I am able to literally walk a block home and have dinner and go to bed. if I went to In Solitude. I wouldnt get out of that show till late and then have to deal with parking in my area which I hate. I wouldnt even get to bed till after midnight and have to get up at 8 or so the next day.
This show just works out better for me. I want to see Ghost so this is super convienent.

And Jason is right....I look zero like a metalhead but support the underground more than the metalhead who tries to look the part.

You must have your own offices. I'm still a cubicle-monkey so I use in-ear headphones. I did just order (through work) a pair of Sony wireless headphones and am hoping they arrive soon (they might be waiting for me when I get home today). The specs say 150' range, although I probably won't need to stretch it that far. I hate feeling tethered to the computer or stereo when using headphones so I'm looking forward to these, although I probably won't use them at work.