OPETH--NYC, Town Hall, 2/23!!!

its going to be so good... ridiculous

i dont have a camera myself, so someone make sure to take pictures and/or videos and post them on here

I am getting pretty excited; my flight leaves England at 1 15pm GMT I get in at around 3 30pm NY time. I'll get to the gig as soon as I can and pick up my tickets etc. I am taking pen and paper into the gig so as to write down the set list as it happens.

It'll be cool to meet anyone there; I will be the long blond haired Englishman with a red bag, and probably black trousers of some description and a black homemade Opeth shirt (depending on what I pack tonight). I am taking camera but not taking photos during the gig as I don't wanna risk ejection as I am coming a long way for this gig and spending money I shouldn't be, lol.

Who is planning on waiting after the gig to meet the band then? I will be, so just interested to see how lonely I will be!

I've never been so disapointed in my life. All the tickets are gone and the only one available on Ebay is 200 Dollars which I don't have. Definetly the most disapointing day of my life.

NickFBM said:
I am getting pretty excited; my flight leaves England at 1 15pm GMT I get in at around 3 30pm NY time. I'll get to the gig as soon as I can and pick up my tickets etc. I am taking pen and paper into the gig so as to write down the set list as it happens.

It'll be cool to meet anyone there; I will be the long blond haired Englishman with a red bag, and probably black trousers of some description and a black homemade Opeth shirt (depending on what I pack tonight). I am taking camera but not taking photos during the gig as I don't wanna risk ejection as I am coming a long way for this gig and spending money I shouldn't be, lol.

Who is planning on waiting after the gig to meet the band then? I will be, so just interested to see how lonely I will be!
me and my 5 friends are gonna be waiting after the show for them....and im sure alot more will be.....

all us forum people should form a crowd outside the venue away from the non-forum people..and look at them funny and be like "ew son you aint down with the forums" and we could be all like making lopez chants and whatnot lol..whos down?

Led Opeth said:
all us forum people should form a crowd outside the venue away from the non-forum people..and look at them funny and be like "ew son you aint down with the forums" and we could be all like making lopez chants and whatnot lol..whos down?

No. Thats a really bad idea :err:

I just cant wait to go. Its gonna be awesome. I hope they play a lot of my favorites, im getting really into this "rare live songs" thing, I think thats really cool. I never followed what Opeth has played live before, and now that I see what they might play, I think its really cool. I couldnt wait to see Opeth live after they impressed the hell out oof me at SOTU, and I couldnt be happier that they placed one of the Chronology shows in New York.

a rofl nazi said:
i wonder what the "special lighting/slides" is

Someone in the audience will be struck down with lightning.

Probably just screens up on the wall having special effects go along with the music.

a rofl nazi said:
this will be my first time seeing them, after missing the last two shows :erk:

Damn pseud0, I didn't know you had never seen them before. Have a great time, they rule live.

Jon Snow said:
Damn pseud0, I didn't know you had never seen them before. Have a great time, they rule live.

I barely seen them live. If you count an outdoor set where they play 3 songs, then yea, ive seen them before. But they played The Grand Conjuration for the 2nd time ever when I saw them, and they didnt even headbang cause they were so new at it. And I saw Lopez, so I think that counts for something. They were the best band there that day, I was extremely impressed by their set. SYL and LoG were spot on, but I enjoyed Opeth the most that day. They were fantastic, and now I cant wait to see them in all their glory! :headbang:

To those planning on hanging around to meet the band, do you have a rough idea on when that will happen, because my buddies and I will have to catch the 12:50 train out of Penn Station back to Long Island... Any input would be appreciated. Or of course, we could wait for the 2:57 train... but I think that's a little much time to kill :loco: .

TheApostle said:
should be awesome, taking the train up from Philly area. Anyone else gonna be on the train as well?

Nah, no trains out of NYC past like 8:30. Im just gonna drive, well actually my parents agreed to drive. Damn overprotective parents wont even allow 3 college kids to drive into the city. They fear the big bad rapist/my pals(not a racist remark, but as you can see, my mom is a little racist :lol: ) :tickled:

yeah... its so erk that i havn't seen them yet

lol at nyc being dangerous
the suburbs are probably more dangerous than the city
you arn't gunna get hurt with 1000 people standing around you