Opeth San Francisco

Bear said:
Oh and while Devil Driver wasn't baddddd as in suck the suck out of suck bad, they were just to samey, most song were totally the same beat and same riffs, they belong on the Ozzfest tour.

Bear

Man that would be some pretty bad suckyness. I'm glad they weren't that bad I have to hear them tomarrow (2nd) and hope niether of the opening bands are too bad.

Mike did seem to be quite confident during this concert btw (even though he had the flue from what he said).
And I really loved his comment, when a girl was trying to scream something : "hey that was a female death metal voice...sounds a bit like...Dani Filth" :D

InFlames235 said:
Thanks to the Opeth DVD i had the idea of yelling out "how's your wife mikael"...first time he didn't hear me but second time he did and that sure was cool :) :Spin: :headbang:

uhh...I didn't hear what did he answer back?

Opeth rocked (but we all know that)....
DevilDriver...saw one song....mediocre at best...
didn't see Moonspell...probably didn't miss much...
thank god Class of Zero didn't play!!!

Very awesome show. The pit went nuts during Demon of the Fall!! My glasses got knocked off my face, never found 'em. Blackwater Park was godly. When they played here in July and this past Saturday, I think both shows were better than the show that got recorded for the DVD. They did a very good job for us.

Just some notes others didn't mention:

Mikael said something to the effect of "Really....I'm beyond words..." at the end...meaning that he thought the crowd was really great. I thought that was cool since it really struck me as a fantastic show (having seen them a couple other times...)
Blackwater Park was HEEEEEEEAVY....really, one of my favorites already...and turned out to be awesome live.
The mosh pit, while normall annoying to me, was ok, since it stayed kinda in one place (not the middle of the floor oddly enough).
The show was PACKED....for a metal band at the Fillmore anyway....very big, very cool crowd.
Shirts were more expensive this time out.
Mikael said they all had the flu.
Lopez, to me, looked none too happy. Played a great show, but didn't look very comfortable or something (maybe the flu thing).
Mikael was funny throughout:
"Do we take requests? No we don't..."
Oh, and the other question someone asked was "how's Lopez?"...after "How's the wife"....and he said, "He's much better...."
Um....cool crowd, fucking fantastic show. Looked for you Squeak, but was about halfway back myself...and so.....

Also, I liked the way Mikael finished with, "We'll be back....um....after however long it takes to write a record and record it...and umm...all that..." or something.

Anyway...cool fucking show!