Opeth signing to Road Runner.

Brains for breakfast said:
OMG! I can just picture this: Opeth touring with Slipknot and Soulfly.
Manager: Great, now pay attention mr. Akerfeld person. These people can teach you how to play. Now cut it out with this prog nonsense, and learn how to please the angsty teenagers!

OMG!! realy, anything but Roadrunner. I couldn't seriously respect Opeth anymore if they'd sign with them.

I really enjoyed that Nightwish/Slipknot tour that they had.

who cares. As if being on roadrunner will make Opeth throw their guitars in drop B and Mike start rapping.

the label can pressure a band to make changes to their sound..but does anybody really think that Opeth would compromise their sound? helllll no.

yOU fags are weak.

If the Roadrunner thing is true, it's bad news. Roadrunner records has a long history going back of bringing in or signing some great metal acts, then forgetting about them. That's why they're bad news. They allocate more resources to the bigger bands, while signing and promising the world to smaller ones, yet not delivering after they ink is on the paper.

There is also the fact that they have a long standing history of disputes with bands due to their push to influence the sound.

In theory the band should get what they want from the deal (whichever label it is).

They are in a position that they can call the shots and I am sure that creative freedom is high on their list of priorities. They have come a long way and worked hard to get where they are today, the whole BMG thing looks like being a massive stroke of luck for them from what I am hearing. From what I can tell, they really are in the position to get exactly what they want. Labels appear to be falling over each other to try and snare them...

The thing I don't understand is, why do most of the American fans seem to want them to sign to Relapse? Certainly in this Country, the only people I hear praising them are the Kerrang! Kids. I know that the band are now enjoying more popularity than ever before, but I cannot see how such a signing would be of benefit (unless they are viewed differently abroad)...

Now I don't give two shits about who they sign with (as long as it's not No Limit), but the Akerfel-DMC things have gotten me thinking. Maybe this would be their most "progressive" work of all.

"Demon of the Fizall"

Silent dance with tha muthafuckin' reaper,
Fall's coming bitch / and I've lost all my shit -
don't even have a pair of busted-ass sneakers.
Yeah close them eyes cause you know to where I be steppin'
but close at your side you conceal your weapon
But wichout yo' peeps you like Stevie Wonder,
And when you called to say you loved me you hung up and drug me under
this bus of your emotions like a foggy night,
cause you realized you hated me and out you cried,
like the demon of the fizall, trying to catch your brizall,
throwing up a tantrum like Tyson with a sawzall,
but you was locked in and through them cracks be pouring,
some foggy fucking sentiment to testify to your whoring,
but even with this mist now I can't resist,
and forever after ever I'll be bawling like this,
but now it's like the spell just done wore off
and you finally recognize me as the lover who was,
and then off you ran tearing and bankrupting my spirit,
and I can smell you in the night but I don't even wanna hear it,
fuck this day, it's over, now just straight survival,
And as I watched your ass leave you left your Clearwater Revival.

Word to your mother

I doubt that michael could rap... or even talk at more than 10 words per min. He is a dumbass.

theyre roster includes.. Type O Negative.. the greatest rapcore band ever

shitthread3.gif