Opeth signing to Road Runner.

morningstar said:
I wish Opeth signed with Century Media, as they have some of my actual/ex favorite bands (Novembre, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, etc)

also most of The Gathering's catalogue is on CM. Opeth wouldve been better off there.

I'll mimic what all the smart people are saying on this thread: who cares, so long as the music is good. And They havent failed my taste yet, so im not worried (Deliverance is one ofmy favourite albums)

foulwing said:
"Sweden's OPETH are on the verge of inking a new record deal with Roadrunner Records, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The band, who were previously signed to the now-defunct British label Music For Nations Records, recently entered Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden to begin recording their eight album, tentatively due later in the year."

OH MAN! WHATSUP NOW BITCHES?

Gee, look who hosts Blabbermouth:Smug: then put a and b together

Baletempest said:
Gee, look who hosts Blabbermouth:Smug: then put a and b together
Perhaps I'm not as enlightened as you are, but I can not possibly fathom how that little useless tidbit of info you've presented is even the slightest bit relevant, or even worth being smug about.

merci said:
Perhaps I'm not as enlightened as you are, but I can not possibly fathom how that little useless tidbit of info you've presented is even the slightest bit relevant, or even worth being smug about.
er, blabbermouth is hosted by roadrunner :err:

Luz said:
Ross Robinson produces new metal, thanks to him the world is full of it.

Also produced Slayer.... think about that.....

And Opeth signing to Roadrunner would be interesting.. not bad... They still have that kind of 'indie' label vibe about them, although they are seemingly becoming one of the majors in a metal sense....
Plus a tour with Opeth headlining being supported by Machine Head and Cradle of Filth would make my little button switch to HELL YEAH!!!! :hotjump:

but thats just my thoughts...

Bean

Opeth, Machine Head and Cradle..... I don't think any smiley at my disposal conveys how much I want to throw up all over my room at that thought alone.

I mean seriously... if Opeth sign to a big-name label do you think they'll be allowed to do 'low-profile' tours? They're currently set for a nu-metal festival and I don't see that changing any time soon provided they sign to RR. The tours will only get worse over time.

Moonlapse said:
I mean seriously... if Opeth sign to a big-name label do you think they'll be allowed to do 'low-profile' tours? They're currently set for a nu-metal festival and I don't see that changing any time soon provided they sign to RR. The tours will only get worse over time.

Sounds of the Underground is "nu"??? Strapping Young Lad and GWAR are nu??? Unless they have another tour up and I dont know.

I doubt they'll be hitting Ozzfest any time soon, but if they do, good for them. more exposure

Erich w/ an h said:
Sounds of the Underground is "nu"??? Strapping Young Lad and GWAR are nu??? Unless they have another tour up and I dont know.

I doubt they'll be hitting Ozzfest any time soon, but if they do, good for them. more exposure

look at the rest of the bill, besides SYL, Gwar, and LoG..

<crimson> said:
look at the rest of the bill, besides SYL, Gwar, and LoG..

analogy time:

"Britney's music sucks!"
"... Britney sings?"

"look at the rest of the bill, besides SYL, Gwar, and LoG.."
"... theres a rest of the bill?"

Im going to try and go just to see them. The other bands are "warm up moshing", and by that i mean "poser bashing" :D

Erich w/ an h said:
analogy time:

"Britney's music sucks!"
"... Britney sings?"

"look at the rest of the bill, besides SYL, Gwar, and LoG.."
"... theres a rest of the bill?"

Im going to try and go just to see them. The other bands are "warm up moshing", and by that i mean "poser bashing" :D

??

you acted surprised that someone dubbed the show as consisting of nu metal. and i said look at the bill, besides SYL and Gwar, which you mentioned..because most of them are hardcore/nu metal stuff.

<crimson> said:
??

you acted surprised that someone dubbed the show as consisting of nu metal. and i said look at the bill, besides SYL and Gwar, which you mentioned..because most of them are hardcore/nu metal stuff.

I was joking man. When I looked at the other bands on the lineup I said to myself "oh... well... the show *IM* going to wont be nu even if the other bands are ;)"