Opeth-Soldier of fortune

Lefthander

Ethno freak
Apr 22, 2003
Russia
hi guys!

what amazing song-god! so cool hear it again and again-is it cover or Opeth's song?

sorry if alike top was there but that dumb system of search.....

but you can hear that Mikael isn't a native english speaker a little bit too well if you ask me ... I liked the previous version we heard (BBC session was it?) a little bit better I think.
oh well, still great to have it on an album, I hope they'll do this some more in the future, as special bonuses or on EP's or stuff like that.

hahaha.......i liek the way to post/speak/type...hahaha....."sorry if alike top was there but that dumb system of search....."...!!!!....aweosme...keep rockin lil' duder....hahaha........PEAC EOUT

its deep purple cover-oh-why i forgot that song:)

wazzy

man its not my native language-so what?
dont you now russian or ukrainian?:)

I was a bit disappointed with "the soldier of fortune" cover. I find it quite boring. Actually, up to now, none of the covers I heard was great. "Remember tomorrow" was ok, and that Celtic Frost Cover ... well, not that bad.

Nevertheless I am curious about more covers. Or, better put, Opeth interpretations of songs by someone else. Maybe they just have to find the right song to cover.

I think Mike's voice is a lot better on the BBC sessions than on the re-release...I like that hoarse throat-thing he had going there..I kinda miss it...Hope to here more of that on upcoming Opeth tracks...

I was a bit disappointed with "the soldier of fortune" cover. I find it quite boring. Actually, up to now, none of the covers I heard was great. "Remember tomorrow" was ok, and that Celtic Frost Cover ... well, not that bad.

Nevertheless I am curious about more covers. Or, better put, Opeth interpretations of songs by someone else. Maybe they just have to find the right song to cover.

Don't worry.... I'm sure Opeth will keep trying and trying until they make a cover that actually holds your interest. :Smug:

right... because he was implying that opeth should make covers that hold his interest?

nope. wait. he was just expressing his opinion. :erk:

Don't worry.... I'm sure Opeth will keep trying and trying until they make a cover that actually holds your interest. :Smug:

What do you expect me to do? Hope for more covers that I find boring? ;)

As pointed out before, I'm probably more interested in Opeth interpretations of other songs, not covers. There must be some songs - or a medley of songs - that Opeth could really turn into something fitting their style, maybe even changing the songs so much you hardly recognize them. Put in own ideas, change the structure, whatever.

What do you expect me to do? Hope for more covers that I find boring? ;)

No... and forgive me if I came accross as a dick. Please try to consider the fact that this board over the last year or so has been inundated with negativity which I've been trying to control. Your post described Opeth covers as "none were great" , "Boring", "ok", and "not that bad" without even describing why you felt that way.... and then said, "Maybe they just have to find the right song to cover".... What does that even mean? right for who? what would make it "Right"? Understand? You don't have to like the songs or even like Opeth and you should feel free to express your displeasure freely. I would appreciate it though if you would perhaps be a bit more explicit with your criticism so you don't get heaped into the rest of the whiners and complainers who seen to just want to bitch for the sake of bitching. So in summary... my response then and this post I'm making now has a lot more to do with the forum history than it has to do with you or your actual post... but I hope you'll consider what I have posted here anyway, ok?

And perhaps ASU will as well.