Opeth sounding like Metallica?

Lord_Cliff

New Metal Member
May 23, 2004
7th corner of hell.....Iowa
hey guys I got story for all of you.

While I was on break sitting in my truck with the A/C on full blast and had Opeth Still Life on,a co-worker asked if he could sit with me,i said sure. We was talking about some shit when in the middle of The Moor he start asking who it was and i told him it was Opeth.He had no idea who they were and then he said it was Metallica.I said it was Opeth and he kept saying it was metallica and this was an old song of Metallica's but he couldnt remember the exactly what the song was. All I did was give him a o_O and I told him whatever.

What do you all think?

I had Blackwater Park (song) playing a few years ago and my cousin said they sounded like Metallica.. I guess some people don't have much of musical catalog to compare against, and Metallica's one of the only heavy bands they know.

RjBeals said:
I had Blackwater Park (song) playing a few years ago and my cousin said they sounded like Metallica.. I guess some people don't have much of musical catalog to compare against, and Metallica's one of the only heavy bands they know.

Yeah. A friend of mine was listening to Metallica when his cousin came by. He said: "Jasså, du hører på satanrock du ja!!!" -> translated: "So, you listen to SATANROCK!".

Kinda interesting.

yikes.
i actually like metallica, but i would not compare...
agreeing w/ prior post, it's just the only thing some people would have ever heard that sounds even remotely close to opeth...

I once played Drapery in the lab where I work. Because my colleagues were asking me about the band on my T-shirts. "What does that say", "what/who are they", "let us hear some of their stuff". So I thought, let's begin by letting them listen to The Drapery Falls. Some people were actually saying: "they sound like Metallica, only worse", "those bands all sound the same", "what makes this band different from Metallica?", "they only beat up their guitars".....

Me, being easily triggered by that kind of comment, start answering all these questions. Do you think it made any difference????

No....