Opeth sounding like Metallica?

An old lady came up to me at my work and said her and her daughter heard me blasting some "Metallica" while I was driving on my lunch. I just nodded my head and said, "yeah". I didn't have the heart to tell her it was Dying Fetus.

God, Metallica sucks the mother of all ass now. The one and only song I've liked since And Justice For All is "Astronomy".

arent metallica, by far, the most mainstream "metal" band of all time? i remember when they use to be on the grammy awards every year. its not surprising thats all 99.9% of people can relate to when they hear distorted guitars.
i was wearing my opeth T awhile back and some friends thought it said, "oprah". i thought that was funny.

dorian gray said:
i was wearing my opeth T awhile back and some friends thought it said, "oprah". i thought that was funny.

haha oh shit. But the most horrible thing I've heard yet was when I was listening to Deliverance, and one of the girls on my cheer squad comes in and goes, "Oooh you listen to metal? I listen to that stuff too, like Marilyn Manson." I was like...gawk...please have nuts so I can kick them.

Hey have you ever tried to kick yourself in the nuts-its hard:eek:

Try as hard as you like most non metal heads will say metal all sounds the same. Regardless of which bands you listen to. And as everyone has pointed out Metallica is well known so its used alot as a comparision. I hope you kicked him out of you truck and left the fu*k behind to walk home for insulting your music, as it sounds like he new it wasn't Metallica but thought he'd be a wise ass.:headbang: