Opeth sounding like Metallica?

Silentdamnation said:
what the hell???? are you crazy motherf.....? opeth sounding like metallica? you`re nuts....damn that`s the worst comparation i`ve ever heard!!!!!!
Heh, do tards only read the topic before commenting? :rolleyes:

I can only smile at you people making serious comments in this thread and claiming 'omg Opeth is soooooooo not like Metallica.' :)

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, this is not an altogether uncommon thing for people to say. I have heard Metallica compared to Nevermore, Overkill, In Flames, etc. Of course, all of these people making these comparisons knew absolutely nothing about metal and not much about music in general. As someone stated before, if people don't really understand it, they just hear loud music and heavy guitars. Since their mind cannot sort out the vast differences in the bands, they simply think of the most popular metal band in existence(Metallica) and say that that is what it sounds like. Yeah I get pissed off too, but it's not really their fault.

NicodemiX said:
god this board is so fucking gay.

Yea I've noticed it too. Once the fucking admins kicked out the SoT people in came the supermassive influx of douchy fanboys... :rolleyes: :puke:

I think that Metallica is simply the most aggressive music this person has heard. Its their only way to relate to Opeth. I wouldn't take it as an insult because they don't know any enough to try and be insulting.

Metallica and Opeth have almost nothing in common as everyone here agrees. Except!... (I know I'm going to be hated for this...) The "Patterns in the Ivy" melody (throughout the entire piece) sounds very similar to "The Call of Ktulu" (starting about 30 seconds in). I've always noticed this and thought it was an homage of sorts...

Sorry for bringing this up... *kills self* :yuk: