Opeth @ the movie theater,

Ytse

www.bootlegmania.net
Jul 12, 2001
USA
www.bootlegmania.8m.com
there was this manager Ive been talking to at work,the guy first saw me with dream theater tshirt on,and he said he likes old school like genesis etc,but dt too.. anyways

He was the closing manager last weekend,the guy played godsmack cd beginning to end.. and I was like, yeah pretty heavy stuff,you should listen to Opeth though hehe

I lent the manager my signed blackwater copy tonight,and I told him that he should start listening from the 3rd song,more listenable at first time hehe :) and harvest/drapery/november is a good combination for a first time listener :)

And there it was,Harvest playing at Sony/Loews MoviePlex Theaters (which has 15 theaters btw :) ).. and it was real LOUD heh.. It was after the last movie started though,, around 12pm,, but there were still people getting out of the movies,and employees (most of them were rapper hiphop type black ppl btw heh)
and there were other managers too,

anyways,the last song was playing when I left work, it had been playing from harvest to blackwater park.. He said that music was really cool,except vocals which he is not used to.. and he wanted to keep the cd till next weekend,

It was pretty cool,I had to do some dirty closing cleaning tonight,but it was all good along with Opeth playing :)

Ytse, an excellent accomplishment!! Listening to BP now! "Close to you, tangled up in hair, fresh stigma looks, shall I take you with me, and it is cold, ruby eyes in the fog, it is me"... :D

This story uplifts me.

I think such is opeth and 'opethians'- we feel happy whenever Opeth is happy, so to speak, and is publicized-- kinda of like when that Mozart aria was played over the speakers in the movie Shawshank redemption. It was played, it felt good, people protested and wished for other kinds of music, but it was joyous still.

nice story, i love to listen to music loud, and living at home i dont really play extreme/heavy music loud, so i only get a chance to whilst at college with my headphones. for awhile now ive wanted to walk to college with one of those ghetto blasters so that i can really blast the music so it would sound better. :)