Opeth & The Red Sox

opeth8

My Arms, Your Casket
Sep 29, 2005
USA
Last time Opeth played in Boston someone gave Mike A Red Sox jersey which he wore while performing. Unfortunately, I wasn't there but it was posted.

Wednesday afternoon I heard something that shocked me. Sox were playing a day game & I was listening on the radio. When the announcers return from commercial break there's always some music playing in the background. During the bottom of the third the introduction was the acoustic part from Harlequin Forest. The section like 3 minutes into the song. This was great & also a sign that the world as we know it, surely will end.

Cheers !!

When the announcers return from commercial break there's always some music playing in the background. During the bottom of the third the introduction was the acoustic part from Harlequin Forest. The section like 3 minutes into the song. This was great & also a sign that the world as we know it, surely will end.
Isn't it disorienting to hear (relatively) underground music out of context like that? Even when it's a song I know really well, it usually takes me a while to figure out what it is.

yeah, it's like when i was watching Criminal Minds, and all of a sudden, in the last scene of the last episode of the first season fucking Death Whispered a Lullaby is playing.

The weirdest for me was about 6 years ago, when my ex-wife was watching one of her Hispanic soap operas, and as they were switching to a different scene of their characters, the background music was none other than Porcupine Tree's Slave Called Shiver! One of our am sports talk stations down here has a guy that plays prog rock and some obscure metal band bits, when coming back from commercial breaks.

I'm a video producer and I used the acoustic section about 3:00 in to "The Amen Corner" for a YMCA promotional video for their 12 Step Programs.

So one day, some alcoholic Opeth fan is going to be watching it and saying..."Wait a minute..."