Opeth to incorporate keyboard in their forthcoming releases

I figured they'd bust out the mini-moog, a la Sigh. Someone said it earlier: "I have utter confidence in these guys." Hear, hear. I don't think Mike could do something wrong even if he tried.

Originally posted by Elysian Blaze
I figured they'd bust out the mini-moog, a la Sigh. Someone said it earlier: "I have utter confidence in these guys." Hear, hear. I don't think Mike could do something wrong even if he tried.

Haven't you heard 'Serenity Painted Death' circa 7:45 - 8:05 ???

If it's anything like what I've heard on Patterns In The Ivy or The Leper Affinity and doesn't cream all over the song's atmosphere, I'll be very happy because I feel the piano adds alot to their music.

Also, on the notion of Opeth + Children of Bodom keyboards = ewwwwww, don't even want to think about that.

It would be ok if the keyboards are more in the background....because I've problems imagining Opeth to build the same atmosphere using keyboards above all the guitars. But they'll know for their own how to do it so that it works with the other instruments...

Yeah, one thing I like is how they use the e-bow guitars instead of synth lines. Or just the weird guitar sound that was on the early albums a bit. I love the piano on BWP and the keys on MAYH though. Don't even worry. 1) It's Opeth. 2) It's Steven Wilson.