Opeth touches 'pon on a higher Niveau?

I care for you

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2006
I was asking myself, what makes Opeth truly sans niveau? I then realised the utter irrelevance of this question as Deliverance pulsed through the very essence of my being. I knew it was irrelevant because listening to Opeth brings my mind to a level that ascends beyond the logical; for if the logical had any relevance at this level, it would simply be illogical. I realise that makes no sense, but that is because The Grand Conjuration is echoing through my veins and reverberating my eardrums to a divine level, the logical part of my brain is working on a new dimension that these words can't hope to express. Yet I lament, with such feelings of ascension, I know that no other band will ever compare... for they are on a lower plane. They look up longingly and lament at their lack of ever achieving the divine.......

Yes, Mikael is not a "drug shaman" like Maynard Keenan. Although I did see a picture of Mikael and Jonas from Katatonia and it looked like they had downed a few beers or forty. I guess Mikael is the "beer shaman", and all fans should look between the lines of the songs and see the true intellectual alcoholism buried beneath the brilliant melodies.