Opeth tour dates!

Originally posted by City
DIE ORGANISERS DIE!

fuck you and public liability.

Yeah, those fucking stupid organisers, bringing bands to Australia like Opeth and the Haunted, how could they, they should fucking die........ :rolleyes:

People who know me from another forum would know that such a rant is uncharacteristic of me and I most sincerely apologise.....

As for public liability insurance, people don't seem to realise that in itself it is a good thing. However insurance companies charging the fucking earth for it because they think they may have to pay back some of the already extortionate premiums they collect is not a good thing....

As for public liability insurance, people don't seem to realise that in itself it is a good thing. However insurance companies charging the fucking earth for it because they think they may have to pay back some of the already extortionate premiums they collect is not a good thing....

Generally it's a good thing to protect the public in a shoddy venue or whatever, but it doesn't help when there's plain idiots out there who do stupid shit to put themselves in danger, then somehow blame it on the venue. Fuckwits. Then they're awarded an unjustifiably high payout. I really don't know much about insurance and the law but someone really needs to look at this problem cause it's killing off too many venues and events.

This is true Chow. That's why in the ACT, if you're drunk and get hurt doing something stupid, you're not covered by public liability. Other states should follow this example. Then when some moron walks through a closed plate glass door because he's too drunk to see, and sues, he won't get jack.

Originally posted by Goreripper
That's why in the ACT, if you're drunk and get hurt doing something stupid, you're not covered by public liability.

And boy is that annoying, the amount of money I could of collected by now :)

SCORPION, KERRANG! & UTOPIA ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE DATES FOR THE MOST ANTICIPATED METAL TOUR OF 2003 – THE FIRST EVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR BY SWEDEN’S OPETH with special guests ALCHEMIST …

Catch them at:

THU APRIL 10TH @ THE ARENA, BRISBANE
With special guests ALCHEMIST & ASTRIAAL
Tickets available now from: Skinny’s, Rockinghorse & The Arena (ph: 3252 5690)

FRI APRIL 11TH @ THE CORNER HOTEL, MELBOURNE
With special guests ALCHEMIST & CHALICE
Tickets available now from: Missing Link, Gaslight & the Corner (ph: 9427 9198) or www.cornerhotel.com

SAT APRIL 12TH @ ADELAIDE UNI BAR, ADELAIDE
With special guests ALCHEMIST & CHALICE
Tickets available now from: Venue*Tix (ph: 8225 8888) & CIB Ticketing (ph: 8232 1484)

SUN APRIL 13TH @ THE METRO, SYDNEY
With special guests ALCHEMIST & FLESH MECHANIC
Tickets available now from: Metro Box Office, ph: 9287 2000 or www.metrotheatre.com.au

I've got my ticket!! Now... all we have to hope is that they don't cancel...

Chalice are cool, and Alchemist should be great. Anyway, they'd be very interesting live.

Just read in The Gospel according to Haug column in Kerrang magazine "we're in for a special treat, with the band planning on playing for well over an hour and a half."

they ussually play around 80 minute sets
well the bootlegs i have they do
around 8-9 songs ussually

*sigh* at still not being able to aquire a ticket