Opeth U.S. tourdates, and Nevermore rumor

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
So, Opeth U.S. tourdates are up, cool. Can't wait. The rumor on the Nevermore board is that they will be along for the ride, which would be awesome as I think they've two of the best albums (probably the best) this year. We'll see if that pans out as true, but I've read it in a couple of (uncomfirmable) places. In fact, I'm looking more forward to seeing Nevermore this year. I've never seen them and am pretty freaking attached to that new one! No offense to Opeth...I've seen them three times so Nevermore has the priority. heh. They should be highlight of my year whether with Opeth or not (more's the better if with, of course)
Opeth dates below. I'll see anybody who goes to The Fillmore in SF there!

US TOUR

More dates will be added as soon as they are confirmed.

O C T O B E R
09th - PHOENIX, AZ, MARQUEE THEATRE
10th - LOS ANGELES, CA, HOUSE OF BLUES
11th - SAN FRANCISCO, CA, FILLMORE
12th - PORTLAND, OR, CRYSTAL BALLROOM
14th - VANCOUVER, BC, COMMODORE
15th SEATTLE, WA, EL COREZON
17th - SALT LAKE CITY, LO-FI CAFE
18th - DENVER,CO, OGDEN THEATRE
20th - DALLAS, TX, TREES
21st - HOUSTON, TX, MERIDIAN
22nd - SAN ANTONIO, TX, WHITE RABBIT
26th - CHICAGO, IL, HOUSE OF BLUES
27th - DETROIT, MI, HARPO´S
28th - TORONTO, ON, OPERA HOUSE CONCERT
29th - MONTREAL, QC, MEDLEY
30th - WORCESTER, MA, PALLADIUM

N O V E M B E R
03rd - NEW YORK, NY, WEBSTER HALL
04th - BUFFALO, NY, SHOWPLACE THEATRE
07th - WINSTON-SALEM, NC, ZIGGY'S
08th - ATLANTA, GA, ROXY THEATRE
09th - LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, HOUSE OF BLUES
11th - FT. LAUDERDALE, FL, CULTURE ROOM

ElectricWiz said:
So, Opeth U.S. tourdates are up, cool. Can't wait. The rumor on the Nevermore board is that they will be along for the ride, which would be awesome as I think they've two of the best albums (probably the best) this year. We'll see if that pans out as true, but I've read it in a couple of (uncomfirmable) places. In fact, I'm looking more forward to seeing Nevermore this year. I've never seen them and am pretty freaking attached to that new one!

If you are going to see Nevermore live for the first time your in for a treat! I have seen them 6 times and every time was fantastic. Be sure not to miss this! And enjoy man! :headbang:

ElectricWiz said:
So, Opeth U.S. tourdates are up, cool. Can't wait. The rumor on the Nevermore board is that they will be along for the ride, which would be awesome

I've seen the rumor a coupla different places. Could be they all got it from the Nevermore board though. :) That would indeed be a cool tour. I'd get to see two bands I've been wanting to see all in one shot.

ElectricWiz said:
18th - DENVER,CO, OGDEN THEATRE

A Tuesday night. Seems like we always get the good shows on a week night. Looks like I'll be drinking a lot of coffee and Mountain Dew on the 19th. :dopey:

And as an update here, Blabbermouth has a post this a.m. showing that Ghost Reveries entered the US Billboard chart at 64, which is basically unheard of for such a progressive and purely metal band. Awesome! They sold just under 15,000 in America in the first week. Again, unheard of! They deserve it.

ElectricWiz said:
And as an update here, Blabbermouth has a post this a.m. showing that Ghost Reveries entered the US Billboard chart at 64, which is basically unheard of for such a progressive and purely metal band. Awesome! They sold just under 15,000 in America in the first week. Again, unheard of! They deserve it.

Holy Crap! That's unbelievable for a band like Opeth. This proves there is something good finally happening here in the States. I'm totally stoked for them and the metal scene right now. :headbang:

Wow! These guys are unstoppable! From 6 weeks on the road with Gigantour to the European dates to the next tour! Funny I'll see Journey Oct. 9th and Nevermore Oct 10th :tickled:
Nevermore European tour
16. September 05 (NL) Tilburg 013
17. September 05 (B) Antwerpen Hof Ter Loo
18. September 05 (NL) Haarlem Patronaat
20. September 05 (UK) Dudley JB´s
21. September 05 (UK) Glasgow Cathouse
22. September 05 (IRE) Dublin Whelans
23. September 05 (UK) Bradford Rio
24. September 05 (UK) Nottingham Rock City
25. September 05 (UK) London Scala
27. September 05 (D) Bochum Zeche
29. September 05 (I) Milan Rolling Stone
01. October 05 (A) Salzburg Rockhaus
02. October 05 (SLO) Ljubljana VPK Mediapark
03. October 05 (HUN) Budapest Petofi Hall
05. October 05 (D) Frankfurt Batschkapp
06. October 05 (D) Hamburg Markthalle
08. October 05 (S) Gothenburg Chalmers
09. October 05 (S) Stockholm Klubben
11. October 05 (D) Osnabrück Hyde Park
12. October 05 (D) LUWIGSBURG Rockfabrik
13. October 05 (CH) PRATTELNZ7

kittybeast said:
Wow! These guys are unstoppable! From 6 weeks on the road with Gigantour to the European dates to the next tour! Funny I'll see Journey Oct. 9th and Nevermore Oct 10th :tickled:
Nevermore European tour
16. September 05 (NL) Tilburg 013
17. September 05 (B) Antwerpen Hof Ter Loo
20. September 05 (UK) Dudley JB´s
21. September 05 (UK) Glasgow Cathouse
22. September 05 (IRE) Dublin Whelans
23. September 05 (UK) Bradford Rio
24. September 05 (UK) Nottingham Rock City
25. September 05 (UK) London Scala
27. September 05 (D) Bochum Zeche
29. September 05 (I) Milan Rolling Stone
01. October 05 (A) Salzburg Rockhaus
02. October 05 (SLO) Ljubljana VPK Mediapark
03. October 05 (HUN) Budapest Petofi Hall
05. October 05 (D) Frankfurt Batschkapp
06. October 05 (D) Hamburg Markthalle
08. October 05 (S) Gothenburg Chalmers
09. October 05 (S) Stockholm Klubben
11. October 05 (D) Osnabrück Hyde Park
12. October 05 (D) LUWIGSBURG Rockfabrik
13. October 05 (CH) PRATTELNZ7

Actually, you and I may be outta luck Kittybeast. The rumor, and it still just a rumor, seems to include the fact that Nevermore would miss the California dates owing to European dates. We'll see.....

kittybeast said:
Nevermore European tour
16. September 05 (NL) Tilburg 013*
17. September 05 (B) Antwerpen Hof Ter Loo*

I am gonna be in Tilburg and Antwerpen and try to be in Haarlem. Nevermore kicks ass, Nevermore is my favorite band; AL HAIL NeverMore!!! :hotjump:

O and October 11th is my birthday [47] I wish I could see them on that day! It would be the ULTIMATE birthday present! :headbang:

Btw, Kitty they always have had such a harsh tour schedual

Hawk said:
I am gonna be in Tilburg and Antwerpen and try to be in Haarlem. Nevermore kicks ass, Nevermore is my favorite band; AL HAIL NeverMore!!! :hotjump:

O and October 11th is my birthday [47] I wish I could see them on that day! It would be the ULTIMATE birthday present! :headbang:

Btw, Kitty they always have had such a harsh tour schedual

hey 10/11/33 My dad b-day! @ ElecWiz- I thought we'd miss some of this tour. But I hear they want to do a Headline tour soon here as well. :D