Opeth Videos!

Joshy, as I said, it was before I knew of this forum. I hadn't met *ANY* Opeth fans, let alone any with tapes. I bid on it, and I won. The guy took a decade to send it, but was generally nice about the whole thing. It's not something I'd do again.

I repeat: instead of giving joshy money for a tape, I will distribute copies if you so desire. The sound will be SO bad that it might not be worth it (since VHS is the worst quality, I'd rather have it on VCD). I DO think mine may be a copy of a copy, but you know..

We've all done stupid things. We've all bought into something at one time or another. We've all given in and had sex with that person we *knew* we shouldn't ha-

*ahem*

But I digress. Had I known better, I wouldn't have bought the tape on ebay. But I see the error in my ways, and I'm rectifying it in my mind by stopping people who will profit.

Have a sensational day, everyone.

I have a penis

Ok so...... I doubt that it would hurt opeth's video sales significantly if they came out with a video.......

This is just silly.... I don't think everyone in the world got to see opeth live on their last tour..... in fact there were tons of their fans who didnt get to see them...... the answer - buy a bootleg video......... i doubt the band would object to this.... and i think that they would be all supporting the making of bootlegs ---- Even lar$ said something along those lines

As for the profit made from it... i really dont give a shit if someone is trying to make money..... thats what life is about these days...... and theres probably a ton of other things that we ALL do that is worse then selling bootleg opeth videos for a profit, so why bitch, oh yea by the way i didnt curse at all and i really dont curse alot but when i get pissed off i do.....

Now concerning anyone who doesn't like the way i write my posts -- good luck figuring out what im saying

Originally posted by Mikael is God

Ok so...... I doubt that it would hurt opeth's video sales significantly if they came out with a video.......

This is just silly.... I don't think everyone in the world got to see opeth live on their last tour..... in fact there were tons of their fans who didnt get to see them...... the answer - buy a bootleg video......... i doubt the band would object to this.... and i think that they would be all supporting the making of bootlegs ---- Even lar$ said something along those lines...
As for the profit made from it... i really dont give a shit if someone is trying to make money..... thats what life is about these days...... and theres probably a ton of other things that we ALL do that is worse then selling bootleg opeth videos for a profit, so why bitch

If I'm correct, you are referring to METALLICA and they have sold millions of records and made millions of dollars off of their music. OPETH, on the other hand, is a burgeoning band who probably don't see too many profits (at least not on the caliber of METALLICA). If 300 people bootlegged one of METALLICA's perfromances, the amount of money that they would lose would be negligible (after all they are millionaires...). They probably wouldn't even notice it. If 300 people bootlegged an OPETH performance and sold it for $10 (free s&H, of course), that's $3000 that isn't going into the pockets of the band. Considering they have to make money so they can tour, I don't really see how they can continue to do that if they are losing that kind of money. If someone is interested in spreading the word about them, that's cool. But if someone is selling a 3rd generation tape of them because that is the only thing they could think of to afford fixing their VCR:rolleyes: , then I have a problem with that.

Besides, playing shows is like a job for them. How would you feel if someone decided to take $50 from you just because they watched you work? Oh wait, you probably wouldn't care because making a profit off of others hard work is what life is about these days, right? Maybe when you actually have to support yourself and pay bills you will understand how important your money is to you.