Opeth Videos!

SaintJoshy

City of the moon.
Aug 8, 2001
US
www.angelfire.com
OPETH VIDEOS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all, I have some opeth videos for sale if anyone wants any. The shows are, Detriot, Ft Lauderdale , Milwaukee,and i have a canada show, and a few more coming in. Email me at jchancey@charter.net , and just to let you know, the videos will be copied, becouse I got mine copied, great views, and sound is very good. I'll give you prices on each video.They will not be exspensive. If the person wants to buy more than one video, they will be sold cheaper. Thanks.

Josh :)

I personally hate people that trying to make profit out of bands work,selling videos and cds..
They are bootlegs and the best way to get them is to trade.If a person doesnt have anything to trade,I myself would offer him only for my expenses,

Paying for shitty quality tapes is another issue though..

Originally posted by Ytse
I personally hate people that trying to make profit out of bands work,selling videos and cds..
They are bootlegs and the best way to get them is to trade.If a person doesnt have anything to trade,I myself would offer him only for my expenses,

Paying for shitty quality tapes is another issue though..

I agree. Anyone who tapes a show should just send out copies to everyone for free.

I didnt say that..but if you must know..I have sent out some free copies before,well..it was because I miscopied them (in LP mode instead of SP or I misburned the cd with track at once..)

Its not the issue..Making profit from someones work..its same thing as grabbing mp3's of all albums of a band and selling them them..Its wrong,

Having worked with fans fansubs for years with anime, I must say the idea that you want to make a profit off a bootleg, SaintJoshy, makes me personally sick. It is one thing for you to want to share the videos with fellow Opeth fans, and charging only what it cost you to copy them, and mail them with maybe an extra dollar or so to cover your time, but it is another thing entirely to want to make a profit. Now I am not sure what you were going to charge, but your claim that if we buy more then one you might make them cheaper has me believing that you did plan to charge more then just the cost of tape, and mailing them. That crosses the line into territory of making money with Opeth’s material, money Opeth should be making.

If you want to use these forums to share Opeth with others, and only ask for the cost of getting others that material..that is one thing. Trying to make money is another.

If I am wrong, and you only wanted money back for cost (which I doubt) then I am sorry.

If ya'll must know , I think you all want a free tape. First of all heres what I have to do, to give you a tape. Get my double vcr fixed. and that cost a lot, cost for blank tapes, and s&h would be free on my side. So what if i want to make a little money for my trouble. I don't see any of you all giving your opeth stuff away?

Originally posted by SaintJoshy
If ya'll must know , I think you all want a free tape. First of all heres what I have to do, to give you a tape. Get my double vcr fixed. and that cost a lot, cost for blank tapes, and s&h would be free on my side. So what if i want to make a little money for my trouble. I don't see any of you all giving your opeth stuff away?

Well you answered my questions, you are obviously wanting to make money. What is wrong with you wanting to make a little money? Because you have no rights to make money with Opeth’s material.

Also, “Get my double vcr fixed. and that cost a lot” well if it is broken, then you are NOT getting it fixed for the sake of the Opeth board, your vcr is not working, then you will get it fixed for yourself. Whether you copy videos or not, that is something you do for yourself, not for us. As I said above, there is nothing wrong with wanting money for the cost of tapes and mailings, but asking for profit is bull. Get off your horse, and go some place else to make money.

The average fan-sub I sent out..I would charge 5 bucks...that would cover the cost of the tape..the cost of sending it, and 95 cents for my time...some would charge a bit more, and some even less..

people who had the legal rights to the anime we sent out, they let it happen, because the fan-subs open the anime market in America, and test the waters, and we are NOT making a profit off of it.

Ok you just told me that you made profit also, so why are you telling me not too? Its for my time as well, and i am gettin the vcr fixed just for the opeth tapes! becouse I don;t have enough money to fix it just for me. so a lot of the money is goin into fixing the vcr, now stop arguing , you heard my side and i said its not just for me, im doing people a favor becouse i know how hard it is to find the tapes. I paid 45 bux for just one , and im willing to see it for 10 bux free s&h , now does that sound like i only care about money? Maybe if you stoped arguing and listend to myside then you would be quiet.

If I taped the Milwaukee show, it would be on my website right now for anybody to see.

If I was getting a bootleg tape, I'd mail a blank tape to someone along with $4 to cover shipping and time spent, and expect it mailed back with what I wanted on it.

You shouldn't be trying to profit off of bootlegs, and I don't even think it's legal to charge more than the cost of shipping and the tape anyway.

I'll just wait for the official Opeth video. No sense paying a premium for a low-quality stolen recording.

Originally posted by SaintJoshy
Ok you just told me that you made profit also, so why are you telling me not too?

As I said, it is ok to expect a dollar or so for your time, and the gas money it would cost to go down to mail it and such. You have the GUTS to say 95 cents is a profit? LOL…that is the most ignorant thing I have read at this board yet, and that includes the guy who said Opeth sucks as a band just to piss us off. The reason many charge about a dollar (I charged 95 cents because it made it a nice even 5 dollars) is because when you copy over and over a vhs tape, there is some usage of your equipment that over time will wear them down. Also, there is gas money to drive down to the post office to mail them, and that alone is actually in my case more then 95 cents. Profit? HA! You want 10 bucks. You can get cheap vhs tapes at dollar stores in America for 1 dollar each easy. The cost of bulk mail rates for a vhs tape will be under 2 bucks. You could be making up to 7 bucks each tape, which IS a profit.

ok well you guys can shut the fuck up and stop giving this guy shit becuase you have absolutely no right to give himi shit...
if you have a problem with him making profit go fucking buy it from somebody else that doesnt charge you money and stop bitching... he can make whatever profit on whatever the fuck he wants whenever he wants... so why dont you just leave him the fuck alone ... he wants fucking money obviously just like anyone else and hes going to probalbly make a good deal of it and thats good for him ...
as for the crap about opeth deserving the money... thats a crock of bullshit - did opeth pay for a professional video taping and recording of their live set? no... there sjust no need to give this guy shit let him make his fuckin money....

conclusion - when people want extra money they do something about it... its not your business telling people how is the right and wrong ways to make a profit....

who cares.. let the man profit over his work... dont attack him just for doing it... just let him be... people need to stop attacking and arguing over rediculous things.. if you dont like it just ignore him and dont acknowldge him.. I for one wouldddd buy an opeth video... why not i love the band i wanna have on a tape a live show... its not like they come to america twice a year i mean com on... just enjoy the music people... calm down

Mikael is God...you are the reason metal fans get a bad name...what a dick..

thats a crock of bullshit - did opeth pay for a professional video taping and recording of their live set?

sorry SaintJoshy...this guy just took over the Stupidest statement on this board yet.. Congratulations little boy….for your prize I give you the title of biggest idiot at the Opeth board…All hail you!

Because your brain is small, I will talk in simple terms why he does not have a right to sell these videos for a profit. Opeth played these sets, and unless they signed over the legal rights to them, no one has the right to record them and sell them unless the person that ran the concert or Opeth gives them permission. I am not sure if these videos were recorded by a camera that was brought in by a fan, or recorded by the officials that ran the concert…but if it was a fan, then one of two things present themselves. First, when they bought their ticket to that concert there was either a note saying you could or could not bring a camera into the concert. If this was against the rules, then they violated their purchase agreement by filming it, and never should have done it in the first place. If it was ok to film the concert, then the filming is done for personal reason, and not intended by the people that put on the concert, or Opeth, to be a profit making video, but one for fans to share alone.

It is the very materialistic, ignorant attitude of people like you that gives America a bad name.

(and at this point I would like to show you just how shallow this guy is. He just got done cussing those of us who feel it is wrong to make profit off these videos, using all kinds of original words like the brilliant "fuck," and heart-pounding word "shit." My little post lightly pushes back at him for doing this and because I know his type he will do one of two things. A: Run away like a 12 year old, and leave the thread alone or B: attack even more like the idiot he is…trying to one-up us because he thinks what he says is so important..)

My guess is he is B ..but you never know. ...you just watch..he will show his true self

Originally posted by Snoogans
who cares.. let the man profit over his work... dont attack him just for doing it... just let him be... people need to stop attacking and arguing over rediculous things.. if you dont like it just ignore him and dont acknowldge him.. I for one wouldddd buy an opeth video... why not i love the band i wanna have on a tape a live show... its not like they come to america twice a year i mean com on... just enjoy the music people... calm down

and I did not attack him in any way.....I have every right to post how I feel..just like you...and I did it without using the childish words "Fuck" and "Shit"...Words people use when they can not think of anything intelligent to say at all. ...you want to buy it..go ahead..but trust me, once people start to make money at this board this way..the amount of spam will go up....it always does

dude noones ganna listen to you when you insult them. Do you really want to listen to someone who insults you? Oh and by the way, I do have other things to do besides sit around. I did charge extra besides the shipping and handling and other stuff. but it was for time ok. Do you think that im ganna work on makin these videos for the rest of my life? NO thats not my job ok. Im just doing this for the fans. Becouse i love opeth videos and i know they will to. If i was doin it for the money i would charge a ton. I'm only charging for my time, s&h, the blank tapes, and for the repair of my vcr. If you don't believe me fine! come to my house and i will show you. But don't tell everyone lies like you are. This message board is making me sick, becouse it seems like everyone wants to fight and insult each other. You don;t insult people just so they will get upset and respond back at you with an insult. Becouse if that happends, then everyone will keep fighting and nothing will be accomplished. This message board is for opeth fans. Not for enemys.

dude noones ganna listen to you when you insult them.

I sure hope you are talking to the Is god dude..and not me..because if not..MY GOD!

Oh, and to fix your VCR..are you going to take all the checks from people...and use that money to fix it..then mail it out..because you have no money yourself? After you fix your vcr..are you going to never use it again for yourself? Do you not see the point of this? You say you want it fixed to give us a live video...but the fact is..IF your vcr is broken...getting it fixed is for YOU..

Oh, and to copy a vhs tape..>IT IS NOT HARD DUDE..you put the two tapes in..and hit record...wow..that was hard.

See , look at you, you can just keep going on and on, and never stop and listen. I've had it with talking about this. becouse I know you won't listen. Now go start another fight with someone, who you think is wrong.