Opeth Videos!

Wow, never really see fights on this board!!!! I never thought that you guys could fight so much and one in particular be such an asshole. Just shutup, your making everyone who reads this board make childish perceptions about you. Stop arguing!!!! Let Josh do what he wants, don't let what other people that you don't know bother you. You are the first person (foxdvd) that I have seen on this board insult so many people on the board. Just stop insulting people, or putting down what they do, and go on. I just come to this board to view and communicate with people that I can appreciate, there aren't many places I can do that, so you are kind of ruining it. I personally think 10 bucks is a nice price, a little much but fair. Josh missed out on taking in the full experience of an Opeth show, and had a camera in front of his face the whole time. Thank you Josh! To everyone else, go ahead find something to insult me about in this message, I don't care.

search my history at this board and show me when I have EVER fought with anyone about anything?

You come into this board, saying you have live videos to sell. When someone points out that trying to sell bootlegs for profit would be the same as someone trying to sell MP3 files, you start in about how you are only doing it to fix your vcr. What you do with the profit you make from these videos is not important. Any money I would make by selling copies of cds or mp3 files, or bootlegs would be to the benefit of myself. I could say “My car needs a new battery, so I can not mail you your videos until I get that fixed, so that is why I am going to charge more for the videos” Whether or not that is true (and I do not believe you because you only seem to bring this up when people showed anger) it still does not change the fact that I benefited from the profit. I am not going to JUST use that car to send out those videos.

Bottom line, some of us obviously do not encourage profit making on bootlegs. Others obviously do. If your VCR was broken, the ability to copy these videos would have been delayed greatly and you should have said, “I am going to copy these, but it is going to be maybe a month or two after you send me your money because I have to first get enough money to fix my vcr….then I have to send it to a repair shop to get it fixed which might take 2 or more weeks, then I have to copy them)

Calling my a liar is silly. Show me were I have lied? The only person that has presented any information that could be a lie was you. I only said I was upset about the profit idea.

I'm with Fox on this one completely. If I was in a band and people were making profit from my work I would be majorly pissed off. If they weren't making profit, then I think I'd probably like the idea cos it meant people who didn't go to the show can find out what it was like.
Oh yeah, Fox, I think Mikael is.... is female (????) don't know why I think that, I think it was a picture sumwhere... correct me if I'm wrong

sorry if i have a small brain ... i didnt know that just becuase you didnt use the words FUCK or SHIT it makes you better then me or makes you smarter then me or makes it RIGHT for you to insult people...... fuck and shit are two big words in my vocabulary.. i curse alot... and once again its none of your business....

also... im sure you do alot of things that your not supposed to do becuase it says it in writing.. does it mean that its wrong??? no it doesnt mean its wrong.... who gives a shit what the ticket says what to do or what not to do... he did it got away with it and wants to sell it thats all there is to it FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT oh my lord i said bad words i must be an ignorant child with no brain... YOU are the one that seems to have a problem with reading something and thinking about it before jumping to conclusions..... im wondering what my brain size has to do with selling opeth videos?

I just have to point out something ironic. :p Mikael is God defended SaintJoshy with the use of many, many curse words. Yet, over in the "Do you believe in God" thread, SaintJoshy has declared that cursing is very disrespectful and is a sin because God said so. I just thought this was funny.

well I guess Mikael is God picked B from above..I told you guys..

Morningrise...I do not want to be hated on this board...because I hate seeing people sell bootlegs for profit.

Please read each post again, and notice I only got a little mad when I was told to shut up, and stay out of the thread by the person that started it..so I said it was ignorant to say that 7 dollars profit was the same as 95 cents. I would have never said it if the person did not act like I had no right to post. Then a certain person comes into this thread tell me to shut the fuck up. Read his/her post again. Now tell me I had no right to cut them down. I did not attack everyone in the thread, and I did not cut Mikael down first, but only in defense, which while immature, is still no reason for me to be blamed for the attacks.

Originally posted by Lina
I just have to point out something ironic. :p Mikael is God defended SaintJoshy with the use of many, many curse words. Yet, over in the "Do you believe in God" thread, SaintJoshy has declared that cursing is very disrespectful and is a sin because God said so. I just thought this was funny.

Hehe, you don't miss nething do u?

SaintJoshy has declared that cursing is very disrespectful and is a sin because God said so.

well I am not a religious man, but I do know the bible also says you should honor the laws of the land. It is illegal to do what he is doing. Now most of us are guilty of breaking copyright laws, and we all know that we have illegal mp3s from time to time. (some of you guys have like 3000 or more..lol) While we might be able to convince ourselves that we are ok in what we do, it is still against the laws of the countries we live in. The bible says that we should honor the laws of the land, so thus, Saintjoshy is just as guilty of a sin as anyone who cusses…

and correct me if I am wrong, but Josh did not actually film these videos. He admits that these are copies themselves. So in fact he is selling a copy of a copy. My question is where did he get them in the first place?

hmm interesting how you say i chose b... but yet i didnt attack you at all..... maybe becasue you misunderstand and are too busy reading my curse words to actually read the point i tried to get across to you? I didnt attack you buddy.... why dont you stick to the argument instead of trying to prove that im an insecure 12 year old that doesnt know what he is talking about.......

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Who has Foxdvd insulted by the way, have I missed something here?

Well I think it was when I told Josh he was ignorant for thinking 7 bucks was the same as 95 cents after he told me to be quiet, and basically to leave the thread . I am guessing though that Morningrise is really talking about my reaction to MIG, after he/she told me to shut the fuck up, which I feel I had the right to have, even if it was immature.

YOU are the one that seems to have a problem with reading something and thinking about it before jumping to conclusions.....

Mikael is God.....though minor, that was a jab.....

and please tell me how your post attacking me and that other guy could be interpreted in any other way other then an attack? I did not read your post and come to the wrong conclusions...

Hey God is an ateist, that was a mistake based on my bad typing skills. What I meant to say was that foxdvd, another that i now notice, have been kind of insulting. I respect everyones choice on this board, foxdvd for hating sales of bootlegs, Mikael is God for cursing ;) and josh for selling bootlegs. We shouldn't be fighting about others decisions. Thats my 2 cents. I still love you all!!!! :D

cool...though I have not prob with cursing....as long as it is not aimed at me or someone I know.. :)

foxdvd it wasnt attacking you its called providing a valid argument...... yes it was a jab to you in the argument but not an attack...... and by the way i have nothing against you for insulting me i love the heat of a good argument

There's a band called Less Than Jake. They're a ska band that one of my ex-girlfriends was really into. On their website, they say "Feel free to tape our shows, but if you distribute them, do not sell them for more than the cost of the blank tape, and please send us a copy!" Now I thought that was really nice, and it's stuck in my head for years.

$0.95 is NOT a profit compared to $7. $0.95 cents is gas money to the post office, and, as mentioned, rounds his price to an even $5. I paid about $17CAD for my Opeth tape, but that was off Ebay, since this forum didn't exist at the time for me to find generous people with free copies (such as myself!)

To copy tapes, borrow a friend's vcr. You don't need to fix yours. You need to borrow three, daisy chain them and start copying. Then send them off for the price of postage. Fuck profit, if you like Opeth, you should be willing to spread the news, even at a cost to you. I would have no issue with buying a few tapes, copying my video of Milwaukee 2000, and sending it out to a few people. The cost is so minimal - get a medium coffee instead of a large. Don't buy that pack of smokes. Give up Bazooka Joe. I don't care.

It is not your material to profit from. Technically, it's not even to be made, but I think the fact that the cameras were about 5 feet from Mikael and Peter is "implied consent." But even that could be debated.

Bottom line, distribute, but don't profit.

Have a lovely evening

P.S. To Mikael Is God: I'm finding your posts quite difficult to read. Do you think you could lay off the ellipsis a bit? And, though I have no problem with cursing, it would save you a lot of keystrokes to put a header: "Insert FUCK between every second word. I REALLY mean this." Efficiency, man! (or woman, you never did answer that question, or post your picture)

Well instead of buying the tape that you bought on ebay, why didnt you just argue with the guy and tell him that he should be giving the tapes away for free?

The one on e-bay wasn't necessarily a copy of a copy of a copy. *shrug*

Anyway, I have a flat tire on my car, and I was thinking of selling some burned Opeth CDs to make the money to fix it.

Was that a fucked up sentence? Yes, and that's the same logic that's being used with this "profit to fix the vcr" idea. And as you can see, it's flawed logic.

Next. If you like Opeth, why would you try to hurt them? Profiting off of their work is money they aren't going to be making. It could also hurt sales of the official video when it's finally released.

Duvall, you have a video of the Milwaukee show? I was supposed to go to that, but I had a stupid final exam in college and wasn't able to attend because of it. What's a person gotta do to get that tape?

Anyway, I don't want to fight, and I really don't care too much what anyone else is doing, but I do hate to see my favorite band being ripped off. Either way, if someone doesn't like the price of the bootleg, don't buy it, right? *shrug*

I'm done here.

Heheheh... this is great.

Lina, you rule. Incidentally, there's no way foxdvd has insulted the most people on this forum, that's your job! :)

For my actual opinions on this topic, refer to Duvall's post. And, may I add in terms to Mikael is God, some line spacing and paragraphs would be nice as well. It's gotten to the point where the only time I'll read your posts is when other people quote them, so I can understand the point they happen to be making.

As you were...