Opeth vs. Dream Theater, battle of the completely different prog bands!

Dream Theater or Opeth?

• Dream Theater

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Opeth

Votes: 56 86.2%
  • They both suck... wait, why am I on this board?

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
yeah.. take a listen to Blind Faith and tell me it sucks?

now, granted, doesn't kick as much ass as the older material and the solos never get me as much nowadays (except certain licks and whatnot).. but it's still great music...

I like them both, but i think DT is a better band, just because i have been a fan of there music longer than opeth. I only have 1 opeth cd, and 4 DT cd's.

Originally posted by Eirik
yeah.. take a listen to Blind Faith and tell me it sucks?

now, granted, doesn't kick as much ass as the older material and the solos never get me as much nowadays (except certain licks and whatnot).. but it's still great music...

"Blind Faith" is the worst Dream Theater track ever. I cried when I heard it.

can someone explain to me ...where did you find the similarity between those two groups :confused: ? They're totally different. How can you say that Mike is a better singer than James, when James studied opera and stuff. The music is totally different as well. DT have quality on their music, Opeth have atmosphere. I don't know..it seems to me that you're comparing slayer with the gathering :loco:

I love both bands to death, but Dream Theater is my second favourite band ever after Savatage, so if I *must* vote I'd go for DT.

I do think Opeth is a more progressive and more versatile band though.

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

We have a winner for the most retarded thread of 2002...

Honestly, how could you even compare the two bands? ESPECIALLY on a bloody Opeth forum...

Now we get to hear how DT "wanks" and how Opeth rules with endless amounts of hyperbole... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
"Blind Faith" is the worst Dream Theater track ever. I cried when I heard it.

I second that...
In my opinion, all 6DOIT was really unispired. On a whole, the album suffers from major flaws...especially when it comes to the general flow of the first disc: horrible.

I think the term "wankfest" is highly appropriate.

Guitar Masturbation does not always make good music. When I hear a guitar, I want to feel the drive, emotion and SOUL of the music. If the guitarist really loves the music and is one with his or her instrument, magic can happen.

Same goes for any instrument.

Gotta have soul.

..most people here wouldn't agree, but Bradley had tons. ;)