Opeth will open for Dream Theater in America in April/May 2008

Why are they opening? :erk: :erk: :cry:

Sounds great though, Im really excited to see Opeth on tour again of course!

Fuck yes. I love both of these bands. Systematic Chaos had a few great songs on it, though the lyrics are the worst of DT's career imo...

great, i can watch opeth then go home afterwards because DT sucks. what a bunch of bullshit.

You guys are silly, they're both awesome...and I wouldn't pay $50+ to go see the opener and leave

You guys are silly, they're both awesome...and I wouldn't pay $50+ to go see the opener and leave

I would when the opener is Opeth.

DT should definitely be opening for Opeth, no, they should be fucking setting up Opeth's gear. DT sucks huge balls.

Systematic Chaos was actually pretty good, I was surprised after Octavarium was by far their worst album ever and had nothing good on it. I like it more than SFAM and less than Falling Into Infinity, it's definitely better than their last several. Regardless, they put on a pretty good show and they tend to attract bigger crowds than Opeth so I think the extra exposure will be good for them. Not to mention it's always funny when the minivan driving prog dork dads have to listen to growling. I'll definitely be going to this tour if it comes to MN.

Oh, and Mike Portnoy seems to basically worship at Mikael's feet so I'm sure they won't be squished off the stage with a 20 minute set or anything.

I am craving a live Opeth show, Im starting to go through withdrawl. Petrucci is a wonder to behold live, some songs better than others but it could of been a worse band . (if this is true)?