opeth

i'm breaking all the axioms about judgement when i say this, but....

with a name like 'slayerizedcorpse', i'm not particularly taken aback.

:lol:

I wondered who from this forum would title a thread "opeth"..

SlayerizedCorpse:

I don't think that the initial question should be asked without hearing your reasons for disliking Opeth (aside from simple dismissal).. So, have at it!

Opeth isnt exactly type of band for a first listen (Esp: The First 3 Albums). Try out more new-to-opeth friendly albums like BlackWater Park and Still Life. Songs like "The Drapery Falls", "Bleak" and "The Moor" will definately make you fall in love.

I agree Prophetix. i first bought Morningrise and the first listen through the whole album i thought "this is good album "....then i listened to it 3 or 4 times more and i was like wow this is a really good album and it just keeps gettin better and better

I agree with Duvall. You should say what you don't like about Opeth and we'll tell you what we do like about Opeth. I personally think you have to listen to Opeth several times before you get the full impact of the music. It gets better every time I listen to it. However, I was completely blown away when I first heard Opeth. I had just bought the Orchid album because i had heard good things so I started listening to it in my room and I was totally tripped out by the melodic beauty of the music.

definatly, the first time i heard opeth i liked them, i thought they were ok, but after prolonged listening they appealed to me more and more, and now i cant get enough of them
i feel because of the depth of the music, it sometimes takes a bit longer to get into them

SlayerizedCorpse: I guess their just not brutal enough for you are they??

lol i like this guy

but seriously, Opeth is only for people who truly listen. You cant get into Opeth when you're doing something else at the same time. It requires your undivided attention, and I hope it stays that way.

Sfarog

Originally posted by Sfarog

but seriously, Opeth is only for people who truly listen. You cant get into Opeth when you're doing something else at the same time. It requires your undivided attention, and I hope it stays that way.

Pretty much. The way I see it, theres two kinds of listening. Active listening, and Passive Listening. Active Listeners listen to their music with headphones, or just sit to listen, pick out whats there, and enjoy the composition. Passive Listeners use music as background noise while they do something else. Generally, theres music specifically for both sides, and in todays society, music for passive listening is much more popular, as people generally like to listen to music as party background stuff.

However, most alienated and anti social metal fans like to occupy their time alone, and therefore have the time to listen to music actively

:eek: <-- and what the fuck is that? Smiley Face getting ready to deep throat?

You can be both active and passive listener. It´s not like two different sexes...I can listen to, fos instance, Opeth in passive way
too. It requires that the songs are really familiar to me, which they are...