Opeth's live setlist

But from the two times I've heard Deliverance played I do believe they edit the end a little bit.

RookParliament said:
But from the two times I've heard Deliverance played I do believe they edit the end a little bit.

I havent heard it cut. Maybe, if anything, they cut it short one "round", so to say, but I dont remember it any shorter (same on the recording i have)

you'de think they could start playing sets that are a bit more diverse and random considering that they have a fairly diverse catalogue.. which would be nice, instead of guessing 90% of the songs that will be played..

Erich w/ an h said:
Deliverance is the new Demon of the Fall. it will always be played.

They always play it, definitely - but it will not be the new Demon of the Fall until they start playing it as their encore.

I kinda feel sorry for them, performing that song over and over again. Although I feel more sorry for Metallica, pretty much being forced to play Master of Puppets all the time.

Anarkissed said:
They always play it, definitely - but it will not be the new Demon of the Fall until they start playing it as their encore.

I kinda feel sorry for them, performing that song over and over again. Although I feel more sorry for Metallica, pretty much being forced to play Master of Puppets all the time.

They haven't played Master all the time. For Whom the Bell Tolls is the one you can always expect.

Demon of the Fall is THE perfect encore. I would really miss it if it wouldn't be played. Deliverance I can do without. Would be cool if they'd play some obscure shit like BWP, The Moor, April Ethereal or The Funeral Portrait. I't would rule if they played Forrest of October again!!

Black Rose Immortal and then To Bid You Farewell would be the perfect closing songs for me, but they hardly ever player either. I really hope they open with The Moor like they did the last time I saw them.

Looking for a Job said:
metallica plays enter sandman as the last encore. brutal
Except on S&M, and last year's Download Festival, where they played St. Anger with a solo. Even more brutal.

Back on the Damnation tour Mikael promised the audience next time around they would play Black Rose Immortal. They never did so I felt a tad bit dissapointed, but I got over it quick.

on some bootleg i saw they played a wide variety of songs. Opened with Godhead's Lament, played Advent, Deliverance, Drapery etc.. and supposedly ended with Demon of the fall.. but my comps too shit for it to buffer in time for me lol.