opeths metals shining light?

There is a huge difference between "better" and "more popular." Are Opeth better than Metallica? Of course. Hands down. But if both were nominated for a grammy, who would win? Metallica, of course. Simply because they are better known and the grammies are nothing but a popularity contest. Simple as that.
Better at what? Thrash metal? Proggressive death metal? Playing their instruments?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, which band in the world is biggest of all?

Opeth, you are full big, 'tis true, but Mr. Big is bigger than you.

I think Bigger means Famous here lol ! i don't think Opeth are famous (which is something i like tbh, coz people change when they get famous and that affects their music badly no matter who they are !! just like MetallicA) while some Metalheads never heard about them lol.
Actually,I don't wanna show opeth music to someone who will insult their music coz he didn't understand what are they doing, this happened to me with Opeth, and especially with COMUS !!!!! damn ! they don't deserve to be insulted by such assholes.

and Yeah for me Opeth is the best band (imo) coz they fit whatever mood im in and Mike seems to write lyrics about events happened in my life lol !!! so Opeth they are alwasy there for me.