Opeth's most anticlimatic moments

etotheipiminus1, i dont like your name.

I have to agree with anyone who said The Night and Silent Water.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Leper Affinity piano solo is one of my favorite Opeth moments ever. The atmosphere is so intense. The way it ends with those final five chords is so good.

The Moor intro causes me to skip that song almost every time.

Black Rose Immortal probably should end after the whisper.

The Night and the Silent Water is good like it is.

The end of White Cluster always seemed really crappy to me.

estimate said:
I love these kinds of threads. Threads about opinions. Well, here's mine. The start and the interlude in a fair jugdement. Boring.

DAMNIT! I kill you~!~@

Just kidding.. I like that part.. it sets a mood for me.

I was fucking my ex-girlfriend few(maybe 4?) weeks ago while BWP was playing in the background. I shot my load inside her right in the very beginning of Dirge for November.

Anticlimactic to the MAX!

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
WTFWTFWTFOMGOMGOMGWTF

Am i the only one who thinks the piano exit on the leper affinity is one of opeth's most atmospheric and beautiful moments?
I 100% agree

Also I love the harmonized part in twilight is my robe, favorite part of orchid actually!

And I really like the intro of the moor really builds up the atmosphere of the whole record.

My biggest antclimax is the end of A fair judgement, that heavy part just doesn't belong there.

the end of the leper affinity is awesome, I don't know what you people are talking about. And if you actually look at e^i*pi = -1 and can honestly tell me that does not blow your sac off, you have some problems. Anyhow, the most anticlimactic moment is the end of closure.... I don't know how anyone could say otherwise... a huge build up to nothing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Leper Affinity piano solo is one of my favorite Opeth moments ever. The atmosphere is so intense. The way it ends with those final five chords is so good.

The Moor intro causes me to skip that song almost every time.

lol to me it's exactly the other way around.
the moor is perfect, every second of it :D

I agree with Moonlapse about The Twilight Is My Robe. I like the riff that comes right after the solo, but it does ruin the build-up. Then again, Mike always said that his songs are adventures. The songs often go lots of places. I think the solo represents a short lived moment of triumph, then it slows down again.

I don't see what could've been done with the end of The Night And The Silent Water. Where would it have gone from there? It was the perfect build-up, but I have trouble "picturing" what might've come next. I don't have the album here at my dad's, so I'm not sure if this is actually done in the song, but... I think that they should've faded those two guitar chords at the end of the song in, and it should mount, getting louder and louder, until it's ended on one, powerful electric guitar chord.

How could anyone not like the ending of White Cluster?! That used to be my favorite moment in all of Opeth's music. I love how the song fades out on a lead... And that beautiful, gentle guitar part that comes several seconds later.

I love the piano at the end of The Leper Affinity, I just think there was a bit too much. I think they ended it on an odd chord. I think they intended to do that, just so you'd be taken by surprise, but I really wanted a solid ending.

Erm personally, I don't like how it goes back to the main riff after that gorgueous solo in windowpane. I think that's a bit of an anticlimax for me. Can't really think of many for their heavy songs though.

heh heh, this thread is about Opeth's least spectacular moments, yet all it's doing is making me want to go home and listen to all these songs.

I guess Opeth's worst moments are still better than most bands' best ...

Anticlimax doesn't have to equate bad. All song dynamics have their place, but anticlimaxes usually tend to feel the most 'empty' and dissatisfying. Thought it would be interesting to see which Opeth parts have that effect on people.

I think the 'Night and the Silent Water' one takes the cake undisputably though. Alot of the ones mentioned here are real contenders, but you just cannot match that build-up to oblivion which happens in TNATSW.