Opeth's Religion

mysweetdeath

Easy Mac > Difficult Mac
Sep 6, 2003
Mulberry, Florida
Just curious here, but what religion do the members of Opeth practice, if any? I know it's not important, I just wonder if any of it influences their music and what not.

Here is part of an interview with Mikael taken from http://www.metalrefuge.com/interviews/opeth.html
--------------------------------------------------
MR: Do you have any religious or spiritual beliefs?

Mikael Akerfeldt: No. I’m actually baptized, and I was confirmed too, but that was one of the things you did, everybody did it. But I didn’t have any beliefs. We went on this trip up to the North in Sweden, for confirmation, like this camp. We stayed there for a week and we read the Bible and we had to do our own prayers. But I brought my death metal album, I wasn’t into that whole thing at all. It was just pretty much a theme because once you got in the front, you got a lot of gifts. My sister did it, I saw she got money and I was like “yeah” you know. All my friends did it, so I went there. But I’ve never believed in anything, any religion at all.

all the guys in Opeth are satanists. They love satan. One time Mikael told me to sacrifice a goat and rape the carcass, so I did it for Satan. Satan rules.